“Postage size pillows with cold breakfast”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My daughter and I attended a tour at U of I and we were looking for a nice night at this place before our drive back home. Small pillows and hard bed kept us both up during the night. Woke up with stiff necks. Went down for breakfast. Eggs were cold, French toast sticks were rock hard. The oj was syrupy. Yuck! After paying over $115 for a night stay we expected to be well rested. NOT! Would never stay here again and would not reco. to anyone. Great coffee in the reception area. That is about it.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marico810
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have addressed the issues with my team and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Room clean and complimentary breakfast had good choices. I will stay there again and would recommend it to friends. We were there to attend University of Illinois basketball game and visit family who live about an hour from Champaign. The location of hotel was convienent for all our travels.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back should you return to the Champaign/Urbana area.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

the hotel was very nice! only trouble we had is the people whom stayed in our room the night before filled tub with rose petals and they were sucked into the filter when tub was drained so when we filled it up and turned it on they came shooting out of the jets and filter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review. I apologize about the issue with the hot tub in your room and rose petals coming out of the jets. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope you will return to us should you return in the future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

The staff at Hampton was very professional, friendly, and always helpful. The room was very clean, comfortable and smelled fresh each day! We never had to ask for extra towels or anything at all, with three women in our room. The piece de resistance was the complimentary breakfast -- amazing! Every kind of breakfast food, including a variety of hot food each morning with wonderful home-cooked taste. We would definitely stay here again! The only negatives are that the room was a little bit small and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom, but the bathroom was large and the room and beds were extremely comfortable. Very nice place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your 5 star rating on Trip Advisor. I'm happy you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to the Champaign/Urbana area.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The staff couldn't do more to help you feel welcome and comfortable. While the hotel isn't fancy, it is clean and has all of the amenities you need -- and the service is top shelf. They do a nice job at breakfast, which is included, and always have coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the lobby, which is a good place to do work or just get out of your room. I stayed at the hotel during the polar vortex, getting off the Interstate 74 due to horrendous travel conditions. The management and all of the staff did their utmost to be helpful and make me feel at home. Personnel even stayed overnight to help ensure there was enough staff to accommodate all of the unexpected guests like myself who came to stay.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor, and it was quiet, even with the hotel full.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for your Trip Advisor rating. I'm glad you were able to call us your home away from home. We strive to make all of our guests feel like they are family. During the time you came it was stressful for everyone with the Polar Vortex, but I'm glad you found our service to continue to be the best it could be.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great price, room is updated and clean. This is me being a little picky - 1) Fitness center needs more than just a treadmill and eliptical. 2) Need maybe sausage or bacon to go with the eggs for the complimentary breakfast. Either than that, great! Front desk was great and inviting.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your rating. I agree with you about the fitness center. I wish we had a little more space and would be able to offer additional pieces. Our breakfast is rotated thru many different hot breakfast options. I thank you for feedback.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed for one week on business. Front desk staff was GREAT! Gave directions, gave suggestions for dining options. Breakfast was different every day.. plenty of choices. Coffee was brewed 24 hours a day.. Used the fitness center which was clean and private. Did not use pool, but looked nice & warm for the sub zero temps they were having... Clean rooms. QUIET. I would highly recommend, and will stay again!

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the hotel.. Quiet & nice views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your rating on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our customer service to be excellent. We strive to provide the best customer experience that we can while our travelers are staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
I Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!