“Great University Location”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Buffalo, New York
“Great University Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here while moving our son into the University of Illinois. We were able to walk to the campus easily and the hotel was excellent. Great staff, clean, comfortable rooms and excellent wifi. Complimentary breakfast was fine and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank ShanghaiHelen
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am so happy that you found our hotel to be all you were looking for during your stay at the Hampton Inn Urbana. We hope that you continue to stay with us during your son's academic career at the University of Illinois. Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Hampton Inn lived up to its mid-quality reputation. For a decent stay with nothing out of the ordinary this hotel did quite well. Nothing fancy but with helpful stay and comfortable accommodations. Our stay was mixed between business and pleasure for the family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Philip W
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Urbana should you travel to the area again in the future.
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I arrived late in the evening and upon going to my room I saw that there was not a refrigerator. I needed to have a room with a refrigerator because of insulin and medications - the staff was very accomodating in moving me to a room with a refrigeration immediately so I could settle in for the night. The hotel was very clean, the staff was wonderful. This is the first time I have enjoyed a hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Barbara P
hamptonurbana, Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that our staff was able to accommodate your needs of a fridge in your room. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife, 20mo son, and I stayed at this hotel overnight on a longer trip. First, the front desk attendant was very helpful, and once she knew I had a toddler, suggested I move to another room that she thought was quieter than the one I was originally booked in. So, kudos to her, and a traveler should expect such accommodating staff. Other good points: there was ample hot water at all times and the location was convenient for the highway and access to local attractions. Unfortunately, the hotel was probably an older property, predating the days of non-smoking hotels. The whole hotel was apparently renovated at some point in the not too distant past, and well-maintained since, but there was still a very evident odor of cigarette smoke in the room. I would expect that to be the case in other rooms, since it is very difficult to eradicate the smell once it gets in the walls over the years. That was a big negative to me, as I am allergic to cigarette smoke. It was not so bad as to make me change hotels, but just this would keep me from staying here again (my wife, though, who is not allergic, thought she probably would stay here again if she had to stop in this area). There were a couple other negatives. First, the room's air conditioner did not work so well, and it completely shuts off at times, even when the fan is set to 'low' or 'high' rather than 'auto.' The cycling would be expected with 'auto', but the fan should stay on and just the compressor cycle when the other settings are used. Also, the facility is on the edge of the University of Illinois campus, so it has a higher potential for noisy occupants (the desk clerk said the occupants in the room adjoining our original room were quite loud, and even were so in the lobby seating area). Finally, the TV feed (be it cable or satellite), was problematic, as it would drop the signal for a minute or up to 10 minutes at a time. In sum, the hotel is satisfactory for use, but if you have an aversion to cigarette smoke, I would recommend you find another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PAtravelers7076
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you feedback and will look into the problems that were mentioned. Thank you again for staying with us.
orlando, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Was right across street from University. Had a Perkins restaurant adjacent to the hotel. Was kind of away from other family restaurants. We had a bad smell in our first room but this was taken care of immediately by the staff and we were upgraded to a suite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad that we were able to help resolve the issue with the first room you had and upgraded you to a suite. I appreciate your feedback.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a clean and friendly hotel on the north side of the U of I campus. I stayed during the summer while attending a workshop. The hotel was within easy walking distance to the workshop location. It is not close to some of the more popular restaurants and bars

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm glad you found our hotel to be conveniently located to the University of Illinois. I'm glad to hear that you also found our hotel to be clean and have a friendly staff.
Thank you for staying with us. We love having you here ®
Quincy, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were located on the first floor right by the corner of Goodwin and University Ave; I know the area and so I was afraid of having a nosily night. Surprisingly, the room was quiet over the weekend. Internet and hot breakfast are included and that was convenient. The room seemed recently renovated and clean. My only complaints are that the room smelled humid despite the cooling system was kept on (not the fan) at all times, and that the gym does not have a bike. The neighborhood is not the best. A Saturday night, on our way back to the hotel, we stopped at the gas station just across University Ave to buy milk for my daughter. Some individuals were drinking in a car parked upfront the convenience store; they bothered my wife while I purchased inside the store. They stopped when I came back, so I just got in my car and left the place. It was before 10pm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Victor P
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry that you found the cooling system in your room to not be efficient in keeping out the humidity. Our fitness center does have a recumbent bike along with a treadmill and elliptical.
I thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to rate us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!