“Very nice experience!”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The stay was excellent. We were able to check in early. The room smelled great when we entered and the beds and linens where very comfortable. The breakfast was great - a nice selection to choose from. The location of the hotel was perfect - right across from the University. We could walk to our meeting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyed a great stay with family. We travel a lot for my son's wrestling and we are always looking for the best deal willing to sacrifice a bit of quality. No sacrifices here! Everything was great. I wouldn't change a thing, Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you next time you make a trip to the Champaign/Urbana area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in Champaign for two nights. I thought it was too pricey, so we stayed at a cheaper hotel the first night (I was not satisfied). I wished I would have booked the two days at the Hampton, it would have been well worth it. Very enjoyable stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are happy you stayed with us during your trip to Champaign/Urbana. I’m sorry to hear you were not satisfied at the first hotel you stayed at, but happy to know you stayed with us your second night and were more then pleased with our accommodations. We hope that when you come to the Champaign/Urbana area again we will be your first choice to stay at.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Made a late decision to stay here and staff was very helpful. We had a great room and a wonderful sleep. We would stay here again. We forgot some hanging clothes in the room and they are going to send them to us.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Debra and Don, the evening staff there were very rude. I just came in from driving 4 hours in a snowstorm and had to wait 20 minutes to get my room key. She was unsympathetic and just talked about how crazy it had been for her the last couple of hours! My daughter and I came down later at 10:50pm to use the whirlpool and we couldn't get it to turn on. I asked Debra to please help, but she never came. I went back out and both Don and Debra said it's closed. Don came back to the pool area and shaking his head pointed to the sign. We checked out that morning to tour U of IL; that's why we stayed there. They should have a discount program with the college. I don't feel we got our $150 worth! :(

Room Tip: Make your reservation in advance.
1  Thank Sue C
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am so sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our staff. I am extremely disappointed you found our staff members to be unprofessional and rude towards you. Our main goal is for every guest to feel cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I have personally spoken to our staff and guarantee this will not happen again. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will make sure that your comments be taken into consideration to improve our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Clean, comfortable accommodations and friendly, courteous staff. Close to some nice restaurants. Most hotels in the area are right on the highway (I-74). This one is about a mile away, so no highway noice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about your most recent stay. I'm so glad you have stayed with us several times. We are located about 1 mile off the freeway which cuts down drastically on freeway noise. Plus side is we are located directly across the street from the north end of the University of Illinois campus, so we have a great location. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have always been satisfied. The rooms are clean, the halls quiet and the breakfast is fine. It is conveniently located near downtown Urbana as well as medical centers and the University. There is a restaurant nearby although I have never had occasion to use it. This is my first choice for accomodations in Urbana.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
1 mi away
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
I Hotel and Conference Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!