“Not very clean”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed here due to convenient location by uiuc. Room had a number of bugs and just didn't feel super clean. Was given first floor room looking out on parking lot.. Would have hoped for a better room as an hhonors member.

Stayed: February 2013
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. I was especially disappointed that you found bugs in your room. I sincerely apologize for this and thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can follow-up with our pest control provider.

We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise. Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Really like the fact that the plumbing of the bathroom faces the hallway instead of another room like other hotels. This way you do not hear when your neighbor is taking a shower. Comfortable beds, pillows, crisp sheets. Did not care for the breakfast. Compared to other places I have stayed in the area the Hampton's breakfast is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: February 2013
hamptonurbana, Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a response on Trip Advisor for our hotel, the Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana at the University of Illinois. We all know that great night’s sleep is just what we need to start our day out fresh. We are glad you were able to get that with us! We hope to see you in the future and as always, We Love Having You Here ®

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was about average for Hamptons. Most everything was fine with the room, the location, and the service. Breakfast food was edible and the eating area was huge - lots of chairs and tables. Fitness room had 3 machines and a few weighted balls, and the pool looked ok.

I liked the wood accents in the room - instead of a closet there was a dark-stained wooden wardrobe and the business desk was kind of a built-in against the wall. The flat-screen TV worked well. The bathroom was medium-size with everything in one space (no separate sink outside) - I found the counter space a bit limiting. If you have lots of stuff you may feel crowded. My main complaint about the room was the old-fashioned HVAC unit which cycled on and off loudly about every 3-4 minutes. There was no way I could fall asleep or stay asleep and there wasn't a "fan on" setting. Because I couldn't set it to continuous, I ended up turning the unit off so I could have some peace and quiet.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful and recommended a nice restaurant (with a 10% discount). Plenty of USA Todays and local papers along with free coffee, tea, cocoa, cookies, etc. in the lobby.

I would stay again but light sleepers be aware of the noisy fans!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hamptonurbana, Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor for our hotel the Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana at the University of Illinois. Thank you for the in depth detail of your review so other travelers know what it will be like when they stay with us. We thank you for staying and are glad you had a great time.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My parents stayed here during a weekend visit to the University of Illinois. The rooms were spacious and clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast had some good healthy options. This is a great location very close to campus (on the engineering quad side).

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My family and I are regular customers 6+ weekends a year for the past 4 years. It's nice when the staff calls you by name when you arrive and ask how are doing or have good trip. Hampton's location is close to U of I campus where we visit our daughter. All staff members make you feel welcomed and the free breakfast is good also. Best hotel I stayed at.

Room Tip: Corner suites large room if your staying for the weekend or any room if your spending any time they...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor for our property, the Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana at the University of Illinois. We pride ourselves on guests feeling like they are part of our extended family and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Conveniently located accross the street from campus, this clean hotel is a great value. The rooms are comfortable and a complimentary breakfast is available. The staff has been friendly and helpful on both of my visits.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Always, always can depend on this hotel for a clean, safe, comfortable, quiet and convenient stay. The lobby is beautiful, the building sits amongst the University of Illinois.

The rooms are spacious (we typically reserve with two double/queen beds), great electronics (flat screen) and free WIFI service.

Have stayed several times when we visit family in Urbana. It is a straight shot down I-74 into town on University Avenue. Until recently, there were a lack of quality hotels in Urbana so when we found this one, we will keep coming back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jamie F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
1 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
I Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!