“I can't imagine a better hotel in Chambana”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I can't imagine a better hotel, this close to campus. The hotel is within walking distance to campus. The hotel feels very modern, the service was excellent, and the room was very clean. If you want cheap with a bed, this is not the place. However, if you enjoy your stay at the university and your hotel, then this is the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deacon83
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed over on a Friday night. Great location for access to the University (across the street) or either downtown Champaign or downtown Urbana (both only about a mile away). Room was exceptionally we appointed with one of the best computer chairs and wall unit (both indirect and direct lighting and plenty of access to outlets if you need to plug in 3-4 chargers!). Staff was professional and very pleasant. If you didn’t have a car, there was a Perkins Restaurant next, or an easy drive to any number of other places. Breakfast was more than adequate with usual cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit bowl, juices, muffins, bagels, breads, three hot items (an egg/ham/cheese dish, French toast sticks, or sausages), and a toaster and waffle maker.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MOTraveler01
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night prir to attending granddaughters gymnatic meet on Saturday. Hotel was exception clean,the rooms were clean and comfortable,looked like they might've recently updated the hotel. Desk staff were very friendly,however,missed getting the free cookies other guests had mentioned in their reviews? Only downside was noise late at night in the hallways.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevators nor ice machine. Inconsiderate guests were very noisy late...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mel D
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights to attend a basketball game. Front desk staff was great on check in. All staff I came in to contact with seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. All knew directions to the basketball arena. Room was clean and quiet, which is what I want. I did get the fresh, warm cookies on check-in. Typical Hampton breakfast, but I know what to expect. I did eat one meal at the Perkins next door and got a 10% discount for showing my room key. Even got free local newspapers, which made me happy since I was there on a weekend.

Room Tip: I asked for room on high floor, away from elevator and ice machine. My room fit those requests.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingDays
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed one night with my two grandsons and daughter. The entire staff was more than friendly, they were excellent. The lady at the front desk, upon our check-in beamed with confidence and pride in her job. She made the boys feel as they were as important as I was. We found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and noise free from the neighbors. The pool was clean and plenty of towels. This hotel looks brand new, not sure when it opened but it even smelled new.

The next morning we were quite pleased with the breakfast selection. Once again, we saw firsthand an employee that was confident and enjoyed her job. This lady took time out from stocking the food bar and cleaning up spills to come to our table and actually initiate a conversation with the boys. When they asked her questions she took time to answer them as if they were adults and they spoke of her when detailing the trip to their grandfather. I wish I had gotten the name of these two ladies because they were the type of individuals that Undercover Boss would be proud of. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay there every time I visit Champaign.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Eloise S
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very nice Hampton Inn located close to U of I campus and right in the heart of every type of food option you can think of. Clean hotel with friendly and helpful desk staff. Small fitness room but it had basic cardio equipment and no one else came in during my one hour workout. Free cookies, newspaper and a standard Hampton buffet breakfast. Very convenient hotel for a mid week business stay. Interesting option in this college town to have food delivered directly to your room from a wide variety of restaurants for only a modest delivery fee.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Henry W
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My room is modern in style and comfortable, with a sofa and footrest, drawers, end-tables on each side of the bed, and a small desk with proper adjustable desk-chair wedged against one wall. A lap-desk is also provided. The wifi works well. There is no safe. The bathroom supplies include the usual little bottles and a coffee maker, but no shaving mirror.

The breakfast, included in the price of the room, includes the usual continental-breakfast items and also some hot choices. On my first morning, it's quite-reasonable omelettes, bacon, and hash-browns. But on my second morning, there are some little pellets, rather like small yellow marshmallows, labeled "scrambled eggs", some slices of "sausage", and some "French toast sticks". All three are disgustingly inedible -- the worst "food" that I've tried to eat in quite some time. I assume that these all come from central commissary and are reconstituted and heated at the hotel, and I wonder whether some horrible mistake was made in the hotel kitchen that morning. Can it really be true that people are being offered such garbage to eat at Hampton Inns all across the country?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

I appreciate your recent review of our hotel. We're glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I understand that you were disappointed with your breakfast and we will review our offerings, keeping your recommendations in mind. The next time you are in town please visit us again. Thank you for your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
I Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!