All reviewsperkins restaurantstayed herenice poolcomplimentary breakfastwalking distancechampaign urbanaroom was cleanfresh fruitconvenient locationgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againin townfitness centerwafflesstaff was friendlychecking inparking lot
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed here just two nights for a business trip. The clientele appeared to be mostly students or business. The atmosphere was peaceful and the staff very helpful and kind. The hotel is right next to the university and has great access to campus. 24-hour coffee was a nice amenity. One thing that did stand out to me we the cleanliness and excellent upkeep of the hotel and facilities--more so than at other hotels of a like billing. There was only one downside and that was the size of the fitness room (small). Otherwise, I think this was worth the stay and filled it's function, and then just a bit more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Hotel was recommended for a meeting at UIUC by the conference organisers, although I booked too late to take advantage of the conference deal. Standard Hampton product so when you arrive after 8 hours over the Atlantic, and three hours wait for the American Eagle shuttle to Willard from Chicago, you want something familiar.

Check-in was swift, courteous and business-like. I had a room on the rear of the hotel, with noisy air-con fans nearby. However, central Illinois in early August is hot, so the air-con is a necessity. Comfortable bed, spacious clean room. Reliable wifi connection. Usual Hampton breakfast.

Downtown Champaign was a 20 minute walk, with plenty of bars and restaurants. If you want a drink, you can buy beer at the gas station 250 yards towards Champaign. My meeting was at the NCSA which is 5 minutes walk from the main entrance of the hotel.

Taxi to the airport was from a local firm that took about 15 minutes to arrive.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

While we love our Hilton Honors Points, we will not be staying at this hotel again. We were promised a "renovated" hotel when we made the reservation but the hotel still feels old and was not very clean. It seamed like our bed sheets were not changed when we checked in and when we called to let them know, they argued with us and never did change the sheets... gross! You would expect the breakfast to compete with other similar hotels but it was cold and not well stocked. We ended up eating at the breakfast place next door. $60 we didn't plan to spend. Everything else was ok for the most part but it was very load at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I appreciate your loyalty as an Hhonors member and I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff-including the linens service and staff reaction to the situation. I also want to apologize for the unsatisfactory breakfast items. I’ve taken your comments to our culinary staff so that we can make improvements for the future. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for telling us of your experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The task of moving a child to an out-of-state university (UIUC) was made easier by booking an overnight stay at Hampton Inn in Urbana, IL. The proximity to the north edge of the campus simply cannot be beat. Our family was able to walk to Campustown for dinner & forego the parking insanity that pervades Champaign-Urbana. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was Hampton Inn-reliable in variety, quantity & quality. The room was clean & met all our needs. Definitely will return when next in Urbana.

Room Tip: Our first floor room faced the rear parking lot & was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is what I expect from Hampton Inns. Clean, quiet, good breakfast and amenities, pool, fitness center and a great value for the dollar. I happened to be passing through and stayed here on my birthday. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special and had a great recommendation for a wonderful romantic dinner at Silver Creek. I would without hesitation stay here any time I'm in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business