“Very Loud, Did Not Deliver on Promises”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed September 2, 2012

While we love our Hilton Honors Points, we will not be staying at this hotel again. We were promised a "renovated" hotel when we made the reservation but the hotel still feels old and was not very clean. It seamed like our bed sheets were not changed when we checked in and when we called to let them know, they argued with us and never did change the sheets... gross! You would expect the breakfast to compete with other similar hotels but it was cold and not well stocked. We ended up eating at the breakfast place next door. $60 we didn't plan to spend. Everything else was ok for the most part but it was very load at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hamptonurbana, General Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I appreciate your loyalty as an Hhonors member and I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff-including the linens service and staff reaction to the situation. I also want to apologize for the unsatisfactory breakfast items. I’ve taken your comments to our culinary staff so that we can make improvements for the future. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for telling us of your experience.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The task of moving a child to an out-of-state university (UIUC) was made easier by booking an overnight stay at Hampton Inn in Urbana, IL. The proximity to the north edge of the campus simply cannot be beat. Our family was able to walk to Campustown for dinner & forego the parking insanity that pervades Champaign-Urbana. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was Hampton Inn-reliable in variety, quantity & quality. The room was clean & met all our needs. Definitely will return when next in Urbana.

Room Tip: Our first floor room faced the rear parking lot & was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is what I expect from Hampton Inns. Clean, quiet, good breakfast and amenities, pool, fitness center and a great value for the dollar. I happened to be passing through and stayed here on my birthday. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special and had a great recommendation for a wonderful romantic dinner at Silver Creek. I would without hesitation stay here any time I'm in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I usually find the common chain hotels predictable and regrettably not often better than adequate. The Hampton Inn in Urbana was a very pleasant surprise. Recently renovated, its spacious lobby is inviting, its breakfast area also spacious and light, and the guest rooms surprisingly large and well appointed. Little touches also made a nice difference. The complimentary breakfast was very fresh and attractively presented. And upon my return after being out for the day, the clerk at the desk greeted me . . . by name! That she remembered who I was seemed quite extraordinary, and gave the stay a most welcome air of grace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is another great Hampton Inn. The room was excellent. The staff exceptional, and the breakfast supurb! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we're informed that there were 3 groups staying for the weekend for basketball, baseball, and swimming tournaments. Lots of kids in the lobby and pool area at all times - no problem there. Very loud groups of kids on the hotel floors late at night, and I did not feel that the staff managed the issue very well. The quiet hours were not enforced at all, and there was no way to get to sleep earlier than midnight!!!!

As far at the facility - room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice, if you got there early before all the groups. I'd stay again and hope for less groups, or more staff to enforce the quiet hours rule!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Overall a very nice Hampton Inn; the reason I like Hampton Inns is the consistency you expect and this property fulfills that expectation. The rooms have been updated, they are clean and comfortable; breakfast was well stocked, service was average, no complaints, but no WOW factor either. Rate was a bit pricey but my AAA discount brought it down about 15%. When all is said & done, a very good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
I Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!