All reviewsperkins restaurantstayed herenice poolcomplimentary breakfastwalking distancechampaign urbanaroom was cleanfresh fruitconvenient locationgreat place to staywould definitely stay here againin townfitness centerwafflesstaff was friendlychecking inparking lot
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is what I expect from Hampton Inns. Clean, quiet, good breakfast and amenities, pool, fitness center and a great value for the dollar. I happened to be passing through and stayed here on my birthday. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special and had a great recommendation for a wonderful romantic dinner at Silver Creek. I would without hesitation stay here any time I'm in this area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I usually find the common chain hotels predictable and regrettably not often better than adequate. The Hampton Inn in Urbana was a very pleasant surprise. Recently renovated, its spacious lobby is inviting, its breakfast area also spacious and light, and the guest rooms surprisingly large and well appointed. Little touches also made a nice difference. The complimentary breakfast was very fresh and attractively presented. And upon my return after being out for the day, the clerk at the desk greeted me . . . by name! That she remembered who I was seemed quite extraordinary, and gave the stay a most welcome air of grace.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is another great Hampton Inn. The room was excellent. The staff exceptional, and the breakfast supurb! I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we're informed that there were 3 groups staying for the weekend for basketball, baseball, and swimming tournaments. Lots of kids in the lobby and pool area at all times - no problem there. Very loud groups of kids on the hotel floors late at night, and I did not feel that the staff managed the issue very well. The quiet hours were not enforced at all, and there was no way to get to sleep earlier than midnight!!!!

As far at the facility - room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice, if you got there early before all the groups. I'd stay again and hope for less groups, or more staff to enforce the quiet hours rule!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This is the best hotel near campus. It has free breakfast, comfortable rooms and beds and is always clean.
The staff are always very nice and take good care of you. Eventhough it is near campus, I have always slept well and never had a problem with noise from other guests.
I've stayed here a few times including two Unofficials (Unofficial St. Patrick's Day), so having no issues with noise is impressive as us more mature alumni tend to stay here.
I've never stayed here for a football game weekend since it is booked or out of my price range, but I tend to try to stay here any other time I come to campus to visit friends.

During my recent stay, I even got to use the pool and hot tub. Usually I am so busy with campus activities, I never get to enjoy the hotel. The pool was large and great for doing a few strokes. However, the hot tub was not hot. The water was lukewarm. That needs to be fixed.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor then you don't need to use the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends