“Near U of I...very nice”

Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Spacious rooms, big closets, wifi friendly. Lovely bed and bed linens. Nice bathroom/shower with plenty of amenties and big fluffy towels. Coffee/tea available. Easy check in/out. Nice breakfast. Would stay there again.

Perkins nearby to eat...OK.

1  Thank Semomu

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I visit (engineering) campus at least twice a year. I only stay at the Hampton Inn. You just can't put a price on the simple walk across the street to campus (Green street isn't that far either). They recently remodeled...nice (except for the paint stripe at eye level on the mirror in the gym). The staff is the best. They're helpful and accomodating. I've stayed there solo and with my family. Once they found/mailed a child's blanket that got left behind. Only ammenities I look for are breakfast and gym--check. Anything else would require driving/parking--no thank you.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

The last time I stayed here I was very impressed by every aspect of the quality of the accommodation. This time things seemed just a touch shabbier: the air conditioner was noisy, the towels less luxurious, the breakfast more boring. Still, it remains a pretty nice, clean, comfortable hotel, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the convenience to UIUC (this is the only easily-walkable property except the Union) can't be beat.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We were very pleased with our accomodations and I tend to critic because I use to be in this business. We would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We are travelers for 30+ years and have never had a problem with a hotel bill until now. They overcharged us by more than $100 and said it wouldn't be corrected until 24-48 hours after our stay. We have never been so grossly overcharged and had no idea that the correction would take so long. If you stay here, make sure they tell you up-front exactly what you are going to be charged. The manager on duty acted like she could care less about our situation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jan S
hamptonurbana, Manager at Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2011

It is standard hotel policy to authorize a credit card/debit card at check in for the entire amount of your stay plus applicable taxes and anywhere from 10-20% for incidental charges. When you check out the remainder of the authorization will be dropped from your card as your bank states, which is typically 3-5 business days.

Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stopped overnight here on our way to Chicago and were very happy with our stay. The beds were incredible and the hotel seemed to be newly remodeled. Breakfast was included and had a good selection.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2011

A very good hotel. Very convenient. I would only comment that during the first night I was given a room slightly inferior than that reserved and that for some reason the money charged in my credit card (in $US) where slightly higher than the money appeared in the invoice when I registered online. I wrote an e-mail about that, I got no response. But I was so pleased with all the rest that I didn't pay any notice to that.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
1 mi away
#2 of 25 in Champaign
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Champaign North, IL
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Been to Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana? Share your experiences!