First, let me say that the positives at this property far outweigh anything that I could see as a negative. Although the Holiday Inn, Champaign/Urbana has some challenges, it is an especially good value stay when booked through Hotwire or one of the discount booking services. My rate was $60 per night for a king room with a sofa.
Pros: Overall, rooms were clean and for the most part, very comfortable. Front desk staff was welcoming and offered me a new room when I reported an unusual vibration noise in my first room. Room décor and functionality was up to date and satisfactory. Great value that more than offset the fact that there was not an inclusive breakfast bar. Convenient to highway and university. Gas station/convenience store next door. Wireless Internet signal was strong but sometimes seemed a bit slow.
Cons: Overwhelming smell of chorine when entering the hotel. The entire lobby smells of this from fountains and pools. As a result, restaurant and bar area are not conducive to hanging out. Coffee and tea service tables in elevator area have stained and dirty tablecloths. The full-length mirror in both rooms I stayed in was fixed to the wall such that one side was 1 inch lower than the opposite side. Looks tacky and unprofessional in an otherwise nice looking space. Room 507 has an annoying vibration noise from equipment on the roof. Room 539 was quiet but appeared a tad bit smaller in space. Common areas sometimes felt a bit dingy. I would have loved to have a fridge in the room but I made do with my ice chest. In both rooms, the work desk is positioned in such a way that you get blasted with cold air from the AC unit while sitting at the desk. I've noticed that most hotels have this issue so I would not consider it to be a problem exclusive to this property or chain.
Once again, pros outweigh cons. I would definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off I74 at Lincoln Ave, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including Memorial Stadium (home to the Fighting Illini Football) and the University of Illinois State Farm Center. Also near the Wyndham Garden are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign. We do not currently provide microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. They are available upon request from the Front Desk, free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Champaign Urbana Hotel Urbana
- Holiday Inn Urbana
- Urbana Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign IL - Champaign-Urbana