All reviews great place to crash large shower adequate breakfast comfortable room would stay again convenient location ben university refrigerator interstate
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel was clean, and employees were friendly and helpful. The only complaint that I have is that after we checked out and looked at our account online, there was a $6.05 charge for incidentals that were not on our receipt. I immediately called the hotel and they said it was an incidental charge which would probably be removed in 7-10 business days, and that I could have my bank call them to take it off sooner. I have never heard of this charge, and I have traveled a lot. It seems very deceptive to add a charge on after we checked out and signed the bill.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S C
tinkel, Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear SC,

Thank You for your great rating of your stay with us and I am sorry that you did not see that a 1.50 incidental charge for the in room safe is posted for each day of your stay. This charge is removed at check out if the guest lets us know they did not use the safe but this must not have been the case for your stay with us. If you will let us know the date of your stay and the name we will gladly issue a credit for this charge. Again thank you for your great comments and hope you will visit us again in the future.

Steven Luchik, CHA
Operation Manager for Appex Hospitality

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a solid place for a short term stay near University of Illinois. I base my 4 star rating mainly on the room quality and breakfast. Location is nothing special (on a busy street) but it is near the Interstate exit. Not too far from campus either. Good, clean accommodation with a staff that is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Clinton,

Thank You for your very nice review and we hope you will consider our hotel your home away from home when visiting in Champaign/Urbana, Illinois.

Steve Luchik, CHA
Operations Manager for appex Hospitality,

Reviewed May 17, 2014

DO NOT stay here! This place is just falling apart and the owner is obviously using improperly trained maintenance staff trying to slap band aids on everything that is needing professional repair. The room I stayed in had a broken toilet, every room in the hotel had a non working bathroom exhaust fan (according to the front desk staff, for quite some time apparently) an HVAC unit that just wouldn't work properly, stains in the sheets and bedspreads, stains in the carpeting of the room and hallways, dirt and dust in almost every nook and cranny of the room and public areas of the hotel. The place looks like it was just recently painted by some college kids looking for some quick cash. The continental breakfast is just a joke, any gas station has better breakfast! I originally had two nights reserved for here since I was doing electrical work in the area but cancelled the second night and moved across the street to the Comfort Suites for a much, much, much, better room and totally worth it for only $20 more than this crappy hotel! I was reassured by Jamie at the front desk that I would not be charged for two nights but of course was still charged for two nights that I'm still fighting to have corrected! So if you want to have a crappy nights rest tossing and turning in a crappy hotel next to an abandoned gas station and junkyard in a place that is pretty nasty this is your place to be, if not just go across the street to the Comfort Suites!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank SparkySP

Dear Sparky,

I have read your review and I must say that I was surprised by your comments since most of our reviews on trip advisor are very good to excellent as you can clearly see. It is true that some of our guestroom bathrooms do not have an exhaust fan but most of our rooms to have working exhaust fans. Our breakfast exceeds that Choice hotels standards for breakfast so I was very surprised to your comments. So I will just say that we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and hope you exjoy your stay at another hotel on your next visit to Champaign Urbana.

Steve Luchik,CHA
Operations Manager for Appex Hospitality

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This Sleep Inn was my second choice. I have stayed several times at the Comfort Suites across the street. I was not disappointed. The desk staff was very helpful, both at check in and the next day. Our room was quiet and the motelbwas full. The room was clean and comfortable. A rollaway was waiting as promised and we were not disturbed prior to our requested late check out time. It was a fine, serviceable stay. Cleaner and better kept up than many Choice discounted motels. I didn't use the pool or have breakfast, but a fine stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear MYM,

Thank you for your wonderful review and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Champaign/Urbana.

Steve Luchik, CHA
Operations Manager for Appex Hospitality

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Very run down. No fan in bathroom. Towels were the size of pool towels. Room smelled very strongly of air freshener, what are they hiding? Neighbors were very loud and could easily be heard through walls that are paper thin. Breakfast only til 9am on a Sunday. Mattress old, wallpaper in bad shape. Yuck. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014
tinkel, General Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Please accept our sincere apology for not living up to the standards that you expected from our hotel
. I have passed on all of your comments to our owner to correct as many of the issues that we can. As you know there is nothing we can do regarding your comment about the thin walls. The towels we have in our rooms are the required towels that our Choice Hotels franchise require again please accept our sincere apology and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Steven J. Luchik, CHA