All reviews great place to crash large shower adequate breakfast comfortable room would stay again convenient location ben university refrigerator interstate
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I agree with some of the previous reviewers. The room was small and parking could be problematic. I had a space to park, but I know things were tight. That being said, the room was clean and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was there for the Champaign Christie Clinic Half Marathon and they served breakfast 2 hours early at 4:00 AM to accomodate the runners. The breakfast was nothing fancy, but more than I expected for the advertised "free continental breakfast". Overall, if your are looking for a decent place to spend the night, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank rlnMissouri
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Run! The back entrance security door was broken which as a woman staying alone made me uneasy. Breakfast was available on Saturday, but not Sunday. No shower. After informing the front desk that my shower did not work the clerk immediately came to my room to assist me. When she was unable to get the shower to work she informed me that someone would be down to help me. After 45 minutes I went to the front desk to find that she had not contacted anyone. I asked for a credit for my stay, the clerk was not authorized so I spoke with the manager, Kristin, on the phone and was told it would have to wait until Tuesday. The Tuesday phone call with Kristin was a disaster, she accused me of waiting until I checked out to report the problem. I was informed that no credit was to be issued and the hotel was paid the minute I checked in. I asked for the owners number and was laughed at. The worst hotel experience in my life.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
gmil366, General Manager at Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

We are not sure how this customer mistakenly posted this review under our hotel. As you can see from all the other reviews posted about our hotel, this does not describe our hotel. I am working with Trip Advisor to have the review removed as we have discovered which hotel it was meant for. We actually offer a wonderful breakfast everday (as you will see in all other reviews), we do not have a employee named Kristin, our hotel does not have a "back entrance with a broken security latch and we are a new hotel and have NEVER had a problem with a sower not working. Most of all, my staff and I offer excellent customer service and would never have handled the situation in this manner. We eagerly await removal of this review. Please read on.....

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We arrived for Mom's Weekend for the U of IL. Every other hotel was sold out, and we should have know something was wrong when the Sleep Inn still had availability. It was dirty, poorly maintained, lousy mattress, 70's showers, poor shampoo, broken hairdryer, cheap towels, and the bathroom was not cleaned properly. There wasn't even enough parking so we had to park done the block. Due to the U of IL event, there was a 2 night minimum and 10 day cancelation policy - so we were stuck. It was so bad that that we ate the 2nd night and found accomodations in the next town over. We found out later that it's no longer part of the Sleep Inn corporate, but belongs to Choice Hotels.com. I'd recommend avoiding this and any other of their properties.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Lower budget hotel. Parking really close to street. Room was small but clean. Sheets were really thin....Breakfast was OK..Next time we are passing thru we will look for another hotel.
80.00 is alot for this hotel..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nothing spectacular to write home about but nothing really to complain about either. Not an attractive building outside, but very close to campus and the event we attended at the Krannert Center. They offered a basic breakfast, the indoor pool was decent and the fitness room consisted of a treadmill, stationary bike and weight machine. The price was reasonable and it was clean overall.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family