See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2017

Room was clean but in need of updates. Check in was very friendly. We had four rooms and not one had hot water for both nights. There was a smell in the hallway not sure if it was rug cleaner but was very strong.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
AmericasBestInnCU, Propety manager at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

I sincerely apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We are under new management. I and the owners have come up with a workable plan to upgrade and update the hotel. We have had the plumber out here 5 times in the last work. We are going room to room to fix the hot water problem. It is a daily battle for odors because not every guest is responsible for keeping their room clean, even when we have daily housekeeping. Your candor helps us to exceed your expectations on your next visit. Thank you. Mike, property manager.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on 5/6/17 for an early morning game. While it's a 2 star hotel it deserves 4 because it has friendly staff, it's clean, offers a continental breakfast and you need a key card to get in after 9:30pm so safety isn't an issue. I honestly think the woman behind the counter would have given me her shirt off of her back if I would have needed it. She was lovely. The owner is doing upgrades here and there to try and make it nicer. It is a no nonsense place that was a good value for the cost. I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronald M
AmericasBestInnCU, Property Manager at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Ronald, thank you for your kind reviews. Living on the property allows me to go the extra mile for my guests. It is truly my home that I share with my guests. Please, visit us again. Mike, Property Manager.

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Rented one night. Worst hotel I've stayed in aside from a descent bed. Tried to tell me 3 hours ahead I rented for the next night. Not true. Wanted more money. I Said not happening so they said they would honor the rate. Arrived when I said I would with two young kids. Entryway for Second floor room smelled like an old smokey bar. No one has been able to smoke indoors in Illinois for years now. Hoped for better in our room. Awful smoke smell In The room as well. Had to take my inhaler all night for asthma while running the fan. Woke up figured I'd wash the stink off and run for it. NO HOT WATER! Run from this place. Not even an offer of even a small refund. I'll be calling my insurance company to fight charge. Might call the state to report them for allowing smoking as well.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon C

Thank you, Sharon for your candor. We are now under new management. I am in charge of the transition team. Smoking laws in Illinois are governed by the local government. I am lobbying for all hotels to be non-smoking in Urbana. There has not been a local ordinance in Urbana, so, in all honesty, it is not fair to the smokers. We strongly encourage the smokers go outside. After 5 visits by our plumber, we have isolated the problem. We have a very active plan to fix the problem. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. I encourage you to talk to the local government. We strongly uphold the laws that govern our establishment. We have yearly inspections by the local fire department, as well as regular inspections by local governing agencies that oversee hotels in Urbana. We also have to be licensed by those agencies. Thank for your candor. Mike, Property Manager.

Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

My bed was comfortable. All of the plumbing worked. I saw no bugs. The furniture was older but just fine. It had a flat screen television although I never turned it on. It is within walking distance of the University of Illinois campus. The carpet had a tacky feeling to it. Some odd looking people staying in another section of the hotel or hanging around outside.

Overall it was acceptable. It is a discount hotel so keep that in mind.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank MadMike96
AmericasBestInnCU, Owner at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

Thank you for your candor. Your feedback is very valuable to me as an owner. I will always promise my guests to challenge the status quo, that is why I live on the property because I want the best for my guests, as well as my family.

Reviewed December 11, 2016

Good location for 1/2 Marathon. Room and common areas are very outdated but the a/c was excellent so I slept very well. Shower only had luke warm water, which was a huge disappointment. Breakfast is very forgettable.

Room Tip: Location and good a/c, everything else mediocre
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank FamilyofFiveMortonIL
AmericasBestInnCU, Owner at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2016

I am aggressively making updates, but some are behind the scenes. The hot water problem is a very complex one, since we have a very involved public building commission, we have to abide by codes and regulations, which take time. One our most recent updates was installing new air conditioning units into rooms. My apologies that we did not exceed your expectations, but I promise to continue to challenge the status quo. I hope you will visit us again.