“Nasty property” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of America's Best Inns & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
America's Best Inns & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Chicago
“Nasty property”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This may be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I was here and a friend of mine booked 4 rooms for 8 of us, and everything else was sold out or I would have moved. The property was so run down, the rooms smelled, terrible linen, no amenities, and the property clearly looks like people are living out of the hotel rooms. The parking lot was full of scary looking characters, and there is definatly zero investment in up keeping or advancing this property.
At bedtime, everyone slept fully clothed terrified we were going to be attacked by bugs or god knows what in the evening.
Not that I would have ate anything here, but the continental breakfast literally looked like a bag of generic white bread and community size peanut butter, jelly etc to share.
I stay in champaign 2-4 days per month and can recommend multiple other locations.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank briank373

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Urbana, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

The most horrible hotel/motel experience ive had in my life! My fiance and I couldnt even watch tv at 1 am because the owners kept coming up to our room complaining. We were accused of having multiple people in our room when in reality it was just us. We did NOTHING wrong, we werr treated horribly. I was unable to laugh or enjoy our mini vacation away from home. I would've rather stayed under a bridge

• Stayed April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Buyer be aware! This is not an hotel,it is a run down motel. The advert is deceptive, there is no 1 two bedroom ,two queen bed in this place.
The rooms are very filthy ,the bathroom is very little.
We requested for microwave and got yelled at by the Indian lady manager in the presence of our tenage kids.Worst experience in all our many years of travel.
The lady and the worker needs anger management training.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Segi O
Ravi P, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I apologize for any negative experience that you may have had while staying at our Hotel. However, our staff strongly disagrees with what you have said. We have recently remodeled our property and we continue to make improvements on a daily basis.

Additionally, we are not sure which "advert" you looked at that you found deceptive. We do not advertise a single room with two queen beds because we do not have that type of room available on our property now, or even in the past. All of our single rooms with two beds have two full-sized beds in them.

Furthermore, our housekeepers take pride in their work because they do spend as much time as needed to make sure that everything is as clean as can be. That includes every nook and cranny, behind the beds, windows, etc. While we have microwaves in 95% of our rooms, last minute requests after check-in cannot be guaranteed.

Finally, the staff at the front desk was alerted by the housekeepers about unacceptable behaviors from said room. This is why one of the managers had the obligation of discussing the issue, no anger.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here over thanksgiving. Really sweet couple that manages the place. They were very nice and gave me everything I needed. It was peaceful and I found a good place to stay far away from home so I was pretty happy.
Showers were hot, TV had good channels.
Stayed November 2013.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 night, came here for business purpose. This place is awesome, very friendly people, clean, warm room, best for value, quiet and providing best service. This people were flexible in rescheduling. Very sweet talking, professional , humble and extremely helpful front desk. I don't smell any smoke as other review mention here. Definitely , I highly recommend this place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in town visiting family when I began looking for a good value for a hotel nights stay. Looking at the reviews I was very surprised when I got to the hotel because it seemed to be renovated compared to the pictures put on here. Upon entering I noticed how extremely clean the property was, you could tell it was being taken care of. The desk clerk was very friendly and since it wasn't a busy weekend he even let me check out an hour late without any fuss. They also offered me a free ice cold water bottle which is something that stands out compared to other places. Upon entering the room I was very pleased because it was nice, quiet, clean, and cozy. I flipped on the TV after coming back from a day with my family and watched HBO and Showtime until I fell asleep. In the morning there was a nice continental breakfast that I grabbed a few items from before I checked-out. This place was everything I was looking for. The value was great but I think it was the customer service that left me leaving in a good mood. I wouldn't doubt staying here again on my next visit!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony! It looked like it had just been renovated with new paint, benches...