“If i could rate ZERO, i would.”

America's Best Inns & Suites
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The most horrible hotel/motel experience ive had in my life! My fiance and I couldnt even watch tv at 1 am because the owners kept coming up to our room complaining. We were accused of having multiple people in our room when in reality it was just us. We did NOTHING wrong, we werr treated horribly. I was unable to laugh or enjoy our mini vacation away from home. I would've rather stayed under a bridge

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Buyer be aware! This is not an hotel,it is a run down motel. The advert is deceptive, there is no 1 two bedroom ,two queen bed in this place.
The rooms are very filthy ,the bathroom is very little.
We requested for microwave and got yelled at by the Indian lady manager in the presence of our tenage kids.Worst experience in all our many years of travel.
The lady and the worker needs anger management training.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Segi O
Ravi P, Front Office Manager at America's Best Inns & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

I apologize for any negative experience that you may have had while staying at our Hotel. However, our staff strongly disagrees with what you have said. We have recently remodeled our property and we continue to make improvements on a daily basis.

Additionally, we are not sure which "advert" you looked at that you found deceptive. We do not advertise a single room with two queen beds because we do not have that type of room available on our property now, or even in the past. All of our single rooms with two beds have two full-sized beds in them.

Furthermore, our housekeepers take pride in their work because they do spend as much time as needed to make sure that everything is as clean as can be. That includes every nook and cranny, behind the beds, windows, etc. While we have microwaves in 95% of our rooms, last minute requests after check-in cannot be guaranteed.

Finally, the staff at the front desk was alerted by the housekeepers about unacceptable behaviors from said room. This is why one of the managers had the obligation of discussing the issue, no anger.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here over thanksgiving. Really sweet couple that manages the place. They were very nice and gave me everything I needed. It was peaceful and I found a good place to stay far away from home so I was pretty happy.
Showers were hot, TV had good channels.
Stayed November 2013.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 night, came here for business purpose. This place is awesome, very friendly people, clean, warm room, best for value, quiet and providing best service. This people were flexible in rescheduling. Very sweet talking, professional , humble and extremely helpful front desk. I don't smell any smoke as other review mention here. Definitely , I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in town visiting family when I began looking for a good value for a hotel nights stay. Looking at the reviews I was very surprised when I got to the hotel because it seemed to be renovated compared to the pictures put on here. Upon entering I noticed how extremely clean the property was, you could tell it was being taken care of. The desk clerk was very friendly and since it wasn't a busy weekend he even let me check out an hour late without any fuss. They also offered me a free ice cold water bottle which is something that stands out compared to other places. Upon entering the room I was very pleased because it was nice, quiet, clean, and cozy. I flipped on the TV after coming back from a day with my family and watched HBO and Showtime until I fell asleep. In the morning there was a nice continental breakfast that I grabbed a few items from before I checked-out. This place was everything I was looking for. The value was great but I think it was the customer service that left me leaving in a good mood. I wouldn't doubt staying here again on my next visit!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony! It looked like it had just been renovated with new paint, benches...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ronald L
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our way through Illinois and the stay was more pleasant than I had imagined. We came in late at night and the desk clerk was very friendly. We were glad that it was a quiet area because we were extremely exhausted. When we woke up we had a quick breakfast mainly of juice, muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc. and we were on our way. It was just what we needed!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael P
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The best deal we could find on a busy weekend. The entry was dated and musty and we were a bit worried. However, our room was fine; clean and comfortable with no musty smell. The shower was a bit weak but it was fine too. Breakfast was well stocked though the selection was pretty basic. The manager/owner was kind and granted me two special requests with no fuss. If you are looking for a good deal, choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tiki L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
#22 of 25 in Champaign
1 mi away
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to America's Best Inns & Suites? Share your experiences!