"Your every need is cared for at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center," touts the website, but my head is still reeling from my experience. I booked a room here for a wedding. The whole party was staying at the hotel so I chose to stay here too. After the wedding, my roommate was intoxicated and brought home the black sheep cousin. Around one am when I asked him to leave, he reluctantly did. Awhile later, he started knocking incessantly at our door. I ignored him. Awhile later at 2:45am, I get a call from Anna, the nighttime manager at the front desk telling me that my rommate was at the front desk complaining that I had the deadbolt on and he could not get in. I treid to explain to her that my roommate was asleep in the next bed. She sternly told me to unlock the deadbolt and let him in. I asked her if I could speak with the person claiming to be my roommate. A man got on the phone and I asked him, "Who is this?" He then said, "Would you please just let me in?" I was so creeped out, that I hung up on him. Within minutes, I get a push notification on my phone telling me that The Eastland Suites has just run my debit card in the amount of $116.72.
I immediately and fericiously called the front desk and asked for the manager. Anna, said, "You are talking to her." I proceed to tell her that my card has just been charged and that it is unacceptable and causes me great concern that they would run it without my authorization. She torts, "Ma'am, I am not going to get in the middle of your domestic dispute." I respond that I am coming to the front desk to work this out.
I run out of the room toting my backpack and personal belongings because I have no idea if this crazy who claims to be my roommate has a key. I am in flannel pajamas and fury. I reach the desk and inform the lady that this is horribly unacceptable. She again retorts that she is not going to get into my domestic dispute and backs away from the counter. I look over and see a police officer outside. I wave him in and tell him that this is unacceptable. I am elevated in my behavior because of this womans tone and stance towards me after she has awakened me at 3am telling me that this stranger who was harrassing me by knocking on my door should be let into my room, then to be scolded about being in a domestic dispute, now she has called the cops on me. He (the cop) tells me that I need to settle down, I show him my phone showing the recent charge. Anna tries to explain that nothing has been charged and prints out the two reservations documenting my personal address and telephone number. She states that the funds have only been 'held' and that the man stated he would pay cash at checkout. So now, I am concerned that she has:
* Called me to insist I let a practical stranger into my room at 3am.
* Run my credit card so this man can get a room for the night, did I mention he is a practical stranger?
* Has given a print out with my personal information to a practical stranger that I tried to repeatedly tell her that he was not in my party. However, when I inquired about her last name, I was refused this information even though my address, phone number, and credit card info had been breeched to a stranger. Really?!
Does anybody see the NO-NO here? Because Anna, the nighttime manager certainly does not.
The police get both sides and the go talk to Anna who states that she doesn't understand why I am upset and that my card has not been charged. (Only held to complete the reservation). The police then inform me that they understand why I am upset and tell me that she has made a horrible mistake, but that since the guy won't open the door to speak with them, that this is a civil issue. They escort me to my room where I show them my roommate, who is sleeping like a baby.
In the morning I dealt with Doug, the main manager. He was nice, listened to what I said and did his best to rectify the situation, but RUN, DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE! I have never been treated like such nuisance (rather than a valued guest) from a place that touts being in the hospitality industry to make sure, "That your every need is cared for."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in Champaign-Urbana, just off Interstate 74 and only minutes from the University of Illinois and regional business districts, Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center offers you well-appointed accommodations and superb amenities, including daily complimentary hot buffet breakfasts, the largest indoor heated hotel pool in the region, nicely appointed standard double rooms, queen and king suites (some with fireplaces), as well as flexible meeting spaces and supporting services for conferences, banquets, and wedding receptions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eastland Suites Hotel And Conference Center Of Champaign-Urbana
- Eastland Hotel Urbana
- Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center Of Champaign-Urbana IL