Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed here Illinois Marathon weekend (the city was packed!), and received a great rate on priceline. The property is a little strange looking-made up of a large building and then satellite buildings. At check-in, Stephanie was obviously alone and very busy, yet she was beyond polite. She had to inform us that the pool was closed for 24 hours, which was VERY disappointing to us- I asked and she informed us it was due to a fecal accident, which made me more understanding, since this was out of their control. She then informed us of a free upgrade to a 2 room, 2 queen SUITE! We had booked a double/double room. The room was unreal! It was huge, definitely apartment sized. Fridge, microwave, desk, recliner, sofabed, 2 queens in bedroom, it was terrific...which was nice considering we spent more time in there than originally planned due to inclement weather and the pool closure. The hotel was in a nice location, with Steak and Shake and Cracker Barrel within walking distance across the parking lot. The breakfast was very nice, the staff serving was very friendly, but the eating area was packed full. To be expected, though, since this is one of the busiest wknds in Champaign/Urbana. Some areas of the property have been updated, some have not. The room was so very clean! Housekeeping did a fabulous job. Overall a terrific stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank indyhug111
There are newer reviews for Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Excellent indoor pool,nice,better than average breakfast.Internet worked vey well.Had the two bedroom loft room which was very large.Plenty of room for 4 adults 2 chidren . Only stayed one night
The facilty is somewhat older,but well maintained in the areas I visited. I would go back

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed in one of the newly renovated double/double rooms and was very pleased. The room was immaculately clean, fresh, and roomy. The bathroom was excellent - nice showerhead and plenty of hot water. Bed was comfy and sheets were nice and soft. My room was on the first floor and overlooked a large courtyard. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a busy weekend -- Mom's Weekend at U of I -- but they had everything running smoothly. Would definitely stay here again, in fact, I already reserved my room for Mom's Weekend 2013!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Carol B
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I use tripadvisor anytime i'm in a new area and need to get an opinion on where to go, eat, stay, etc. there were some negative comments for this hotel, but since it was just me this business trip (and not with my family), i decided to make the jump and see how it really was. the main reason i choose any hotel is hot breakfast, free wifi, and better gym facilities. first impressions - the hotel parking lot needs redone as the asphalt is crumbling and makes me wonder what else is to come. high points - an actual gym (cardio machines do not mean 'gym', so other hotels need to learn), huge pool, hot breakfast, huge rooms with separate bedroom from living room, a little bar that has reasonably priced food and drinks, 1 free drink coupon each night, and walking distance to cracker barrel and a steak-n-shake were the good things to report. the bad things go as follows - i reported on a hotel-provided maintenance card some things in my room that needed looked after before i got back from my day and none of them were addressed, and one of them was a lack of working wifi. they quickly offered me another room but even though the layout was the same, the general feel of the room seemed "cheaper" than my previous room. the bed linen and comforter on the first room was hilton-like (please use these linens throughout), and the 2nd room was more like a days inn. while the things broken in my first room were in good condition in my second room, the wifi was sketchy at best. i ended up both nights returning to the bar area to finish doing my work from the blazing speeds offered from the lounge's access point. i did a walk through the hallways with my laptop trying out different access points and testing connection speeds via speed test.net, and realized their WLAN system needs either major maintenance or a complete overhaul. some access points connect to my laptop while others wouldn't, some had internet access and others didn't, and some had the speed of a dialup modem when others were blazing fast. just looking for some consistency here - as the rooms look like broken things are getting replaced with better stuff as they break, but this kind of upgrade could take awhile. greg, the bartender, who clearly had past hotel service experience was the diamond in the rough for this place. he was overly accommodating, trying to help as best as he was empowered, to try and make sure i had a good stay and rest of my evening. don't lose this one. the front desk staff also needed better training, as their responses to my issues (e.g. wifi issue) were met with uninformed/unqualified answers explaining how they thought wireless should work (wrong!) and it might be my computer (no). i see remnants of a great hotel at some point in it's lifetime but it appears management has let it slip a bit. i really wanted to like this hotel, but i don't know if the high points would be enough to sway my family's vote after experiencing the lows. i would try this place again in a few months assuming that was enough time for management to make some changes.

Room Tip: get a room close to the lounge so that you can 'see' and connect to the access point there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hoseclamp_9
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My son wanted to have a "hotel swim party" for his 7th birthday, so we booked several of the queen suites for ourselves and our guests as well as the "Cunningham Room" to open gifts in. The front desk staff was very friendly and extremely helpful and we were very impressed with not only the size of the rooms, but how clean they were as well. The Cunningham Room was just the right size and the staff was very accommodating to our needs. The pool is amazing and since the theme for our party was swimming, it was perfect! It is by far the largest pool I have ever seen in a hotel and they even had a basketball hoop as well as some other swim toys. All of the kids LOVED the pool, especially the basketball hoop! The beds were some of the most comfortable we have ever slept in and even though we had 6 kids in our room, there was plenty of room. There is a complimentary hot and cold breakfast in the morning and it again exceeded expectations! There was eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, muffins, cereal, fresh fruit and more! Even though there was a lot of people there eating breakfast at the same time we were, the staff kept everything fully stocked, bringing out new dishes even before they completely ran out of something. Overall, we were thoroughly impressed with Eastland Suites and will DEFINITELY stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mwalsh5576
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Oh dear this place looks neglected. The parking lot was crumbling and falling apart. The reception area and breakfast area was dingy, dark, crowded, low ceilings with a musty smell. The breakfast food was horrible quality. The room itself was "okay". The bathroom sink was full of water. The release pull to drain the sink was broken and you had to reach into the sink to manually pull up the plug. Ick! Also the chain to the toilet was too loose and the toilet was running when we arrived. There was a big yellow stain on the sofa bed mattress. The room was fairly spacious, but worn. It did have a little kitchen with a full size refrigerator and a dishwasher. It hotel appeared to be temporary housing for low income families or maybe even college students as we saw some moms with several young children carrying groceries and laundry to rooms. I see why we got such a great rate. I would never go back as it was a sad, run down place. The people at the reception desk however were extremely nice and professional.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HoosierNana
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Huge pool with a basketball hoop and some kids toys. Newly remodeled. Awesome value. Great front desk service and free drink coupon.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Us4In07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#6 of 25 in Champaign
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson

Been to Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana

Address: 1907 N Cunningham Ave, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61802-1291
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Price Range: $75 - $278 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana 2.5*
Conveniently located in Champaign-Urbana, just off Interstate 74 and only minutes from the University of Illinois and regional business districts, Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center offers you well-appointed accommodations and superb amenities, including daily complimentary hot buffet breakfasts, the largest indoor heated hotel pool in the region, nicely appointed standard double rooms, queen and king suites (some with fireplaces), as well as flexible meeting spaces and supporting services for conferences, banquets, and wedding receptions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Eastland Suites Hotel And Conference Center Of Champaign-Urbana