“Great value, great pool.”

Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Huge pool with a basketball hoop and some kids toys. Newly remodeled. Awesome value. Great front desk service and free drink coupon.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Us4In07

Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is dated, the parking lot too dark at night but the staff was very very nice when I chekced in. The room heaters were probably 25 years old. I was either very hot, or cold. During the night I had to get up several times to turn/off the heat to stay comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank larrymartin107
Raymond C, Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear larrymartin107:

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on Trip Advisor.

I apologize that you had trouble regulating the temperature in your room. We recently had our boilers replaced and had a certified HVAC tech go through all of our rooms to ensure that the air flow of the units in each room are working properly. I sent our maintenance supervisor to the room that you stayed in and switch that regulates the air flow needed to be replaced. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

As for the parking lot being too dark, I agree. We are actually are in the process of soliciting bids to replace all of the parking lot lights on the north and east side of the hotel with brighter and more energy efficient parking lot lights.

I have been the General Manager here for a year and a half and all of your concerns have been concerns of mine since day one. We are currently fully renovating over 50 of our double/double rooms. Once the renovation is done this February, we are excited to move forward with many other projects including the parking lot lights. Eastland Suites is a great property, we pride ourselves on great service and clean rooms. Our company is committed to bringing the hotel up to date to make our property more comfortable for all of our guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

Urbana, Illinois 61704

Reviewed December 28, 2011

For Christmas, we surprised our kids with tickets to a University of Illinois basketball game, and an overnight stay in Champaign-Urbana. Based upon our previous and excellent experience at the Bloomington Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center, we chose to book a double king loft room at the Eastland Suite Hote & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana. Unfortunately, this hotel experience was a disappointment. The kids didn't care, but my wife and I expected more for the price of the room.

The first room we checked in to had some dirty laundry left in one of the closets, the carpeting was stained and worn, there was a light bulb missing over the stove, the bathroom fan was annoyingly loud, the fireplace was not operational, etc. We called the front desk and asked for another room. The hotel was not overly crowded, so they were able to move us to another double king loft room. The second room didn't have any dirty laundry laying around, but the carpeting was still stained and worn, the couch had stains on it, the appliances were outdated (the bottom drawer on the stove was broken), there were only two hangers between the two closets and one hook without a hanger, not extra paper towels, etc. The property and the rooms need to be updated . . paint the outdoor stairways, new appliances, new furniture, flat screen tvs, gas fireplaces, etc. It appears that the rooms may have been painted recently . . .there were paint marks on the furniture in both of the rooms we were in. I hope the hotel didn't pay a lot for the paint job, because the painters did a poor job. We chose to buy pizzas from Papa Murphy's and cook them in the room . . . no pizza cutter, so we used a knife. We had a bottle of wine to open, but the wine opener appeared old and rusted.

The beds were very nice and we slept well. However, our oldest child didn't like the pullout couch. She said that it was like sleeping on a net of springs. Kids are resilient though . . she lived.

Breakfast was served from 6 to 10. We arrived at 9:00, and there was no coffee, no bacon, no hashbrowns, no cream cheese for the bagels, dry scrambled eggs, and obviously no one staffing the area. We had to ask someone to get all these things for us . . . apparently there were not enough guests in the hotel to warrant keeping the food open until 10:00. When the food was restocked, we got tater tots instead of hashbrowns. Also, they had brownies . . for breakfast?

Perhaps we're overly critical, but there were a lot of little things that added up to making this a let-down for us. Our interaction with college students (one at the front desk and the other drove the shuttle that took us to the game) was excellent and they were very helpful. Our kids still had a good time . . the Illini won their game in double-overtime, so we got our money's worth at the basketball game. Unfortunately, for $159 at the Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center, we did not get we paid for!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank PnB430
Raymond C, Manager at Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear PnB430:

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay at Eastland Suites in Urbana. I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I have met with our houskeeping department about the closet not being checked prior to your arrival. Finding anything left by a previous guest is unacceptable. We have made a few changes in our housekeeping department since your stay to ensure that it does not happen again.

The maintenace issued you encountered as well as the condition of the carpeting is also unacceptable. I have been the General Manager her for the past year and a half and we have our carpets cleaned on a regular rotation. We will be sure that the carpet in the room that you and your family stayed in will be addressed right away.

Our breakfast is something we pride ourselves on, I will pass your feedback about the breakfast to our kitchen manager and chef. We always have a breakfast attendent or kitchen manager in our breakfast room. I do not have an explanation of why the quality of the breakfast was poor and that you had to ask for items that should have already been stocked. We just need to do a better job.

I will address all of your issues with my entire staff. Again, my sincere apologies. We are striving to get our property up to date and in the meantime, all of our guests should experience clean rooms and great service.

Please contact me directly the next time that you and your family come to Champaign Urbana, I will be sure that we will not let you down for your next visit.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The staff went out of they way to make us feel comfortable in a very uncomfortable time for us. (we were on our way to a funeral) We checked in and were giving a special price, then Stephanie noticed I was limping ( I just had knee replacement) and she immediately upgraded us to a closer larger room for the same price. It was late at night and the manager Greg Kesner found us a place to eat with a offer to take us there. The beds were great, the room was nice and clean. In the morning we had the largest and best complimentary breakfast we ever had. Thanks we will back

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bud H

Dear Bud H:

Thank you for the positive feedback from your stay in 2011!

I am glad to hear that Stephanie and Greg were accommodating to your needs. I will be sure to pass your positive feedback onto them.

We are almost finished with a full renovation of our double/double rooms. The next time you are in town, please do not hesitate to contact us and request a newly renovated double/double room. They are beautiful rooms!

Thank you again for the feedback.

Warm regards,

Urbana, Illinois 61802

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I agree with all the positives others have reported about the Eastland motel. I stayed not in a suite but in a double room. The beds were fantastic. Bathrooms excellent. Safe in room, but there seems to be a charge for it. Front desk staff ("Ben") helpful and friendly. Motel is convenient to the freeway. All these positives aside, Urbana is not much of a town. There's little to see except UIUC and Greene St, the main student shopping district. Champaign, which also has its limits, features better restaurants/bars (esp The Blind Pig bar) and a small downtown that's being gentrified. Best thing about Eastland is the breakfast, which was far better than I have had in a motel in many, many years. Four steam plates with hot items (egg, sausage, etc. on the days I was there) as well as fresh fruit, yogurt, and baked goods made on the premises. If I have to visit Urbana again, I will return to Eastland Suites.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank XuXiakeColumbusOhio

Dear XuXiakeColumbusOhio :

Thank you for the positive feedback about your stay in July of 2011. I apologize for me delayed response to your reveiw. I always try my best to respond to all guest reviews on Trip Advisor in a timely manner.

I remember speaking to you in the lobby during your stay and appreciated the feedback you gave to me in person about our hotel's breakfast. Thank you for going the extra mile and taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor as well.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Best Regards,

Urbana, Illinois 61802

Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was the weekend my son was getting married and we had booked in to another hotel for 3 days to prepare for it. The other hotel was horrible, smelled like smoke everywhere and the toilet barely flushed. We called Eastland Suites after only one hour at the other hotel and they quickly got us in, even gave us a discount on the suite and treated us like gold the whole time we were there. They even found me a cookie sheet and all kinds of kitchen utensils for me to make the rehearsal dinner with. They went out of their way to make the weekend a lovely and peaceful event for me and my family. We will only stay there from now on when we visit. I wish I could take those comfy beds with me, the sheets were so soft, and the price was actually 10 dollars cheaper per night for a 2 king bed suite with kitchenette than the other hotel was charging me for two small smelly rooms! They deserve more than a five star rating in my book.

Room Tip: The staff is very helpful with anything u need.