“Best Fried Chicken around!”
Review of Timbers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Timbers
Illinois
“Best Fried Chicken around!”
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We have a huge family, and find the Timbers wonderful for getting together. They have the BEST fried chicken on Sundays. The salad bar is fresh, and the service friendly. It's easy to find off Interstate 74 on Cunningham in Urbana. Try it out if you are going through Chambana!

Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big Mistake”
Reviewed February 14, 2009

While in Urban for a college sporting event on Valentine's day, we decided to try Timbers. We ordered Prime Rib, which included a vegetable and salad bar (I'm REALLY not a fan of salad bars but there were no salad choices on the menu). Our food was brought to our table - both the asparagus and the Prime Rib were luke warm at best. We sent the food back to be heated (we've never done this in 28 years of being together). It of course was Not the waitress's fault. I proceeded to order a second glass of wine. After consuming our meals, my wine still had not arrived. Again, this was NOT the waitress's fault - she had put the order in at the bar. I told her to forget the wine. She proceeded to bring us the bill (full amount I might add) and when my husband went to sign the credit card statement - the ink was dry on the pen. Probably not the best Valentine's dinner we've had.....

St. Joseph
“Don't bother going”
Reviewed January 5, 2009

Went to try it out on New Years Eve. Was there a total of three hours. Orders mixed up, food was cold, ribs were burnt. Talked with the hostess about everything and her comment was..........If you don't like it, don't come back!!!!! Enough said.

lhock

Texas
“Don't Bother!”
Reviewed November 19, 2008

We thought this would be a great place for steaks but were disappointed. The best thing about the restaurant is the salad. The min loaf of bread must have been baked days before and microwaved before bringing to the table...might as well have served us a brick! Steaks were ordinary. I had small rib eye and my companion had medium rib eye. The size was the same...but mine was much thinner. Pass this place by if you are looking for good steaks.

bo8908
“The best restaraunt in Urbana”
Reviewed January 11, 2008

The Timbers is one of the best restaraunts in the Champaign-Urbana area the food is excellent and the service is great. The owners of The Timbers are Johnny and Cheryl Lee they where the former owners of The Possum Trot Super Club which is about half an hour from Champaign near Danville. There is a piano player there on Friday and Saturday nights. They have steaks, chops, house specialty ribs, and seafood. The house salad is wonderful. I recommend that everyone goes there.

2 Thank bo8908