“A nice place for a date or lunch with friends”
Review of Silvercreek

Silvercreek
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Urbana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Silver Creek is a nice restaurant for date night. Seating by the fireplace in the winter is very romantic. For lunch it is a nice place to go with friends. The food is always good but the do switch up the menu from time to time. The hold special events that are a lot of fun and Sunday brunch is very nice, but you will need reservations for the brunch.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We ate lunch here while traveling and had a very pleasant experience. Our family met the owner outside of their sister restaurant which was temporarily closed. She was very helpful and gave us a discount card for the inconvenience. The menu did not have Children's meals; however the waiter was very quick to offer several kid friendly selections that the kitchen could prepare. The food was delicious and the portions were large. The bill was also very reasonable even without the discount. This was a lovely restaurant!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The ambiance here can't be beat; they've paid attention to every little detail to help you sit back, relax, and enjoy your meal. We sat next to the fireplace and with the pretty, warm fire glowing next to us, it was absolutely perfect.

The menu isn't expansive, but offers choices for every taste. It's not your run-of-the-mill food; there's a creative edge to nearly everything on the menu. I had a difficult time deciding; it all sounded so good.

I chose the sliced turkey and brie sandwich with caramelized onions and honey mustard sauce on a fresh pretzel roll bun with sweet potato fries to accompany it. The fries were tasty - nothing special, but the sandwich was absolutely outstanding. Oozing, melty brie on a tall stack of turkey meat and this amazing pretzel bun...I was full half-way through but ate every.last.bite.

My husband ordered the burger, which was a mix of ground beef cuts and ground bacon. He said it was very good. His fries were 'fine', too.

The service was just okay, which is the only reason I rated this a 4 and not 5 stars. The server was friendly and sweet, but just at the end of lunch I think she was running all the tables in the restaurant (and "all" was only 4 or 5) and it was too much for her. She took forever to take our order. My fries were only barely warm, which means our plates probably sat in the window in the kitchen, dying, waiting for her to come and get them. (Another server delivered our food.) She told us she'd refill the same soda on two separate occasions, and I think she finally got to it somewhere at the end of our meal. It also took her a while to come by and ask if we wanted dessert and to drop our check. Since we weren't in a rush we were fine with the wait, but for lunch service, it was far slower than it should have been.

We'll definitely return; there are easily another half-dozen items on the menu I want to try.

Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been eating at this restaurant for years, but I had not been back for awhile. When I went there the other evening, I was reminded why tis was the restaurant my parents and their friends always wanted to eat at. The food is simply incredible. I started off with the caramelized squash soup. It was a velvety ambrosia of a starter. I think I could have eaten about three more bowls. Next I had the Diver Scallops as a part of their mixed grill special. They did not flinch when I requested more scallops in place of the steak that was a part of the special. The scallops were exquisitely prepared, large, and delightfully flavored with ginger butter. The mashed potatoes that came with them were tasty, I even ate (and enjoyed) my first brussel sprout (sp?). The delicate maple crème brule was a luscious end to a great meal. My friends had the little neck pasta and potato-encrusted fish and loved their meals as well. The service was attentive, the meal delicious, the atmosphere cozy. It was well worth it. I know that I will be back...especially to get my SCALLOP fix....

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Silvercreek is a sleek place. Fine decor, a good menu, excellent service. A bit hard to get to during the current construction mayhem, but well-worth the trouble; the food is really fine (this was my second visit), the service excellent, and the decor just lovely.