“Overpriced and overrated.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I've been here 3 times, twice because a friend wanted to go there. I was underwhelmed each time. The food was so-so, and definitely not worth the price. I won't go there again, and could not in good conscience recommend it. Our Red Hat group inquired about having lunch there once and was told they wouldn't accept "large, noisy groups".....there are 10 of us, all aged at least 60 and certainly not "noisy". A snooty place with a very overrated opinion of itself.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

Superb food, but don't look for them at Lincoln Square. Their new digs are at Windsor & Philo Rd in Urbana.

Reviewed March 9, 2009

Used to be good, but it appears their chef does not care anymore. Just half a year ago they had a very short menu and everything was good, now the menu is the same, but the food is not. They use to serve great duck breast, now they serve smelly duck legs. Side dishes are primitive, salads small and without any zest. Yesterday they greeted us with a basket of terminally stale bread, could not be cut with a knife. Lasagna consisted of a melted piece of cheese with nothing inside, you'll do much better at Sbarro. Their "special," grilled seafood on skewers, at $22, consisted mostly of tilapia covered with a huge pile of stinking raw onion. Their wine list begins at $30 or $32. And all this with a pervasive air of arrogance.

Reviewed December 4, 2008

My husband and I have been to Milo's a number of times and it has never let us down! We were recently there in November and I had the best lobster (it was a special that night) ever! I had never known how succulent and sweet lobster can be, they must have had it flown in that day. It was so fresh! I've also had the duck which is fabulous! The flavor explodes from every bite! For lunches, their upside down pizzas are wonderful. Lastly, they always serve fresh muffins with each meal and you never know what flavor you will get, but they are all wonderful! Bottom line, if you've never been there, you should go! They have a new restaurant off of Philo and Windsor. Great location and very nice establishment!

Reviewed August 16, 2008

Milo's has moved from their Lincoln Square location to a brand new restaurant in the Pines shopping center in southeast Urbana near the corner of Philo road and Windsor Road.
Since this is our favorite restaurant my husband and I looked forward to seeing the new place. It's much more spacious and open than the old location. Tables are placed far enough apart that you can carry on a conversation without intruding on your fellow diners.
The atmosphere is pleasant and casual. Service is friendly and usually efficient though sometimes not as attentive as one would like. Don't be afraid to ask if you want more bread or need a refill of your water glass.
Menu selections are not extensive but are reasonably priced. We shared an appetizer of chilled asparagus spears with wasabi sauce on mixed greens. It was very tasty and was $7. My husband had a pistachio encrusted red snapper with rice and vegetables on the side which he enjoyed. I had the crab cakes with aioli sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables on the side. It was very good but I will probably return to my old favorite the mushroom stuffed ravioli on our next visit. The owners intend to introduce some new menu selections for the fall . We have always found the food at Milos to be consistently good and we have never had anything there that we did not like. It is, however, a very casual atmosphere so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a romantic dinner out.