“Good food/casual atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Milo's has moved from their Lincoln Square location to a brand new restaurant in the Pines shopping center in southeast Urbana near the corner of Philo road and Windsor Road.
Since this is our favorite restaurant my husband and I looked forward to seeing the new place. It's much more spacious and open than the old location. Tables are placed far enough apart that you can carry on a conversation without intruding on your fellow diners.
The atmosphere is pleasant and casual. Service is friendly and usually efficient though sometimes not as attentive as one would like. Don't be afraid to ask if you want more bread or need a refill of your water glass.
Menu selections are not extensive but are reasonably priced. We shared an appetizer of chilled asparagus spears with wasabi sauce on mixed greens. It was very tasty and was $7. My husband had a pistachio encrusted red snapper with rice and vegetables on the side which he enjoyed. I had the crab cakes with aioli sauce with mashed potatoes and vegetables on the side. It was very good but I will probably return to my old favorite the mushroom stuffed ravioli on our next visit. The owners intend to introduce some new menu selections for the fall . We have always found the food at Milos to be consistently good and we have never had anything there that we did not like. It is, however, a very casual atmosphere so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a romantic dinner out.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 7, 2008

The pork chop I ordered was forgetable but the pomegranate sorbet David brought to our table was heaven!

Reviewed May 19, 2008

Great food and comfortable privately owned place. Decor a bit lacking.

Savoy, IL
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Service is slow. Food is more original than other places in town.

Reviewed November 14, 2007

I like their herb muffins!