“Clean, Comfortable, Nicely-Appointed Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel is nicely maintained. The pool/hot tub area was very clean, and the beds in the rooms were quite comfortable. Rooms have high ceilings, making them feel spacious. Great lighting in the bathroom. The breakfast bar was ok, although there wasn't much left at 9 am (breakfast was from 6:30 to 9:30 am); no yogurt, no biscuits (just gravy), and some other things gone. Fitness center was small but clean. The photos on the website are accurate, although everything is a little smaller in person compared to size/perspective in the photos.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 15, 2010

I checked in at 9:30 pm and was warmly welcomed by hotel staff. I didn't expect the nicest room since I checked in so late at night, but that's what I got! I was so impressed with the entire stay! I usually carry Lysol wipes with me and wipe down every door knob, light switch, phone, and remote before I even unpack my stuff. I am paranoid about germs. I honestly didn't even get out the Lysol for this room - it was spotless! I could have bounced a quarter off of the sheets on this bed. I didn't hear one peep all night long... and no door-slamming at 6 am. I have business traveled around the country for several years and have never stayed in a nicer hotel! Everything was perfect! This hotel should be applauded for a job well done! Thank you for a great stay! I will recommend this hotel to everyone who visits the U of I campus.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2010

It was 11pm and it started to snow when we approached the Urbana, U of I exit. I was looking for a clean and reasonably priced hotel for one night since my daughter and I were traveling across country. Because I am a Priority Club member I chose the Holiday Inn Express over the nearby hotels. Beds and pillows were comfortable and the bathroom was nice and roomy too. I noticed it had a pool but by the time we arrived the pool was closed.
Next morning we ate breakfast which was included in the room rate. It consisted of a wide variety hot and cold food items. The entire hotel felt very clean and new.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Right from the beginning I noticed the lobby and breakfast area were very clean and nicely decorated! Even at 9 in the evening there was fresh coffee and hot water and tea bags. Had a nice nite time tean before bed! The staff that checked us in was so friendly! The room was so clean, and I am such a icky picky person! The windows opened which I love some fresh air, most hotel windows do not open! There was a real thermostat rather than a high low heater. Beds so comfy, wonderful pillows! 4 of us in room all were very pleased! Hot tub and pool were both great, we were the only ones there so it was lovely! Breakfast had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels etc... Wonderful!! About 11:00 we got a call so kindly asking if we would like a late check out at 2! Of course we took it and took our time getting packed up and ready! Really pleased with whole trip! Wonderful!! Would stay again for sure!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2009

The hotel reminded me of a Hampton Inn we stayed at last week but everything was done much cheaper. The beds were Ok but nothing special, regular old TV, not a flat screen, graffitti scratched inside the elevator. The coffee pot rattled on the table when we walked past so I was glad we were on the top floor. Clean enough but had a Motel 6 feel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2008

My family and I stayed there so that we could be close to the U of I campus for my daughter's Illinois Summer Youth Music camp. The location was excellent.
We were very happy with how clean the hotel was. The kids loved the pool, and the free breakfast bar was very nice. The hotel was very quiet. Our only complaint was that the pillows were too soft, and the air fluctuated a bit too much during the night. Overall, it is a very nice, clean hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank MusicinUrbana
Reviewed February 11, 2008

The night manager was very nice in checking us in at 200a. Much friendlier than I ever expected. We received a room that was right by the lobby and sort of near the breakfast area.

Overall, a typical Holiday Inn Express, and a bit pricey ($100) for one.

The vacuums started at 630a, and someone was chitchatting with whomever was doing the vacuuming. Very annoying. The housestaff also knocked several times before 900a to see if we were in. We were.

May have been an isloated incident, but it goofed up our sleep.

Also, the "blackout" drapes do not keep all sunlight out, which was equally disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana
TownePlace Suites Champaign Urbana/Campustown
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana
Hampton Inn Champaign/Urbana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Address: 1003 W Killarney St, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-1036
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Price Range: $115 - $219 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana