Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
NorthWest Illinois
“Good nights rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Indy for a weekend away. Found the room clean and comfortable, what you expect to see in a Holiday Inn Express. The air conditioner was a bit noisy, not enough to interrupt our sleep. The breakfast was standard, food was hot and fresh. Could have been stocked better, but we where able to find enough. I only gave a rating of 4 dots on service here because the breakfast was not well stocked. The breakfast area was roomy and clean. Overall would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
East TN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

A stop on the interstate.
Did my "room inspection" which included a look at the HVAC filters. Think respiratory issues.
The filters had not been changed for weeks or months. I hate to breathe the same air as the previous customers! The front desk gave me clean filters, however, I wonder if all the rooms were like mine? Management should have housekeeping handle daily.
Otherwise things were "okay". My view is clouded, I know. Suggestion---check things first.

Room Tip: Check for cleanness.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank alvis-f
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear alvis-f,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. I apologize for the areas that we may have fallen short particularly with the cleanliness of the HVAC filters and housekeeping service received. Your feedback is important as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

The next morning, the housekeeper said there were only three room empty and lots of kids the night before. The empty rooms must have been on either side of our room and across the hall because we heard NOTHING during the night. Our king suite was on the top floor and on the back side of the hotel and it was quiet. The room was very big with tons of seats (sofa and chairs) and tables. The ladies working in the breakfast area had the place almost spotless - again considering the number of rooms/people booked the night before, you could hardly tell and we went for breakfast a half hour before they "closed". The tables were wiped off and the carpet clean of crumbs/spills also plenty to eat. Large parking lot - shared with Holiday Inn. There are a few parking spaces in back as well. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor on the back side of the hotel - very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kayla W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Bountiful-IA,

I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property. I will be sure to share your kind words with all off the staff. We look forward to you visting us again soon!

Kayla Wieman
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

We were down for graduation and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. We had a couple of issues with our reservations that handled to our complete satisfaction. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The bathroom has plenty of counter space. They gave us a couple of blankets to take to the outdoor graduation.

Don't expect a lot for breakfast so you won't be disappointed. It is very basic but the quantity of food was sufficient. Again the staff was helpful if you had a question. Cereal, pre-made eggs, sausage and toast with a variety of juices to drink. Unfortunately the pancake machine was out of order. They could use a couple of waffle makers.

Try not to stay on the first floor. We were by the side door that the staff entered and it banging a lot during the night.

Our last child graduated. Thanks for years of great service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kayla W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear H S,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express, Urbana IL. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Although, your last child graduated we hope you will stay with us again when visiting the Champaign-Urbana area.

Kayla Wireman
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I am travelling a lot in the world and I am a Gold member in Priority Club. I got bad experience in this hotel. The room maintenace is not good, low pressure of water, high concetration of chlorine in jaquzee, poor breakfast, good internet connection, there is no shower in the pool and fitness rooms, no ptilet paper in the restroom in pool.
I will not suggest my friends to stay in this hotel for a long time. The price is not match the service.

Room Tip: as far as possible from elevator
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ALECHKO_1963
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear ALECHKO_1963,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Plains, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very nice and clean property. The free internet was very strong and very stable. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and modern looking when you first walked in as were the rooms. The free breakfast was nice as usual. There was a full Holiday Inn across the parking lot with a full bar etc. When you checked they gave you a certificate for free drink at the bar at the Holiday Inn across form this Express.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and it was close to the exits and very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kayla W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Louis320,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at our property. I am glad that you found your guestroom clean and enjoyed the friendly service. I appreciate your positive comments and am delighted to share them with our staff. . We strive to exceed every guest's expectations and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable time at our property. We hope when returning to Urbana, you will choose the Holiday Inn Express.

Kayla W.
Assistant General Manager
East Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy on and off location off I-74 and close to University of Illinois campus. Hot breakfast included. Room felt a little dated, but it was clean and had all the usual amenities, including pool and hot tub. There are several other options at this interchange, but this property will serve you well.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear WordlyWoman,

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at our property. I'm delighted to hear that you had a enjoyable stay. We are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience and will address the comment of our rooms being dated. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Urbana!

Kayla W.
Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#16 of 25 in Champaign
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Address: 1003 Killarney Street, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana