“Nice overnight stopping place near the University”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Lake Villa, Illinois
“Nice overnight stopping place near the University”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very neat and clean, service was fantastic. They really went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. The only negative thing I can say about the place (other than you have to be careful to go to the right HI since there is another one across the parking lot) was the lady working the breakfast wasnt very kid friendly (wasnt just my kids, it was all of them). But, she did keep the breakfast area well cleaned and stocked the whole time we were there.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here with my family twice on the way to and from Texas. Girl at front desk was polite and very friendly. Hotel was clean with lots of parking. Room was quiet and clean, beds were comfy. Got a great night's rest and a good breakfast the next morning. Only minor thing I could say anything about was that the WiFi was down but they did have computers to use if you really needed internet access. They had a pool that we didn't get to use because we were tired from traveling a day but, the pool area did look clean and next time I will take advantage of.
I really was impressed with this hotel and the staff. They accept VISA debit which is also nice. I will stay here again without any hesitation. Thank you for making my family's stay here an enjoyable one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hockeychronic
Morris, Illinois
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I wish I would be able to write a good review for this hotel but I unfortunately wasn't able to stay here because I wasn't able to book a reservation with them because the front desk manager, Brian, thinks that having 5 people in a double queen room is too much and it's a fire hazard! I wouldn't be this furious right now but I have never had this problem in any other Holiday Inn Express before! They won't have to worry about me making a reservation there before because obviously they don't know quality service and b.t.w. Brian(the manager) talks to you with no respect nor sympathy! I'll be staying right next door to the Holiday Inn because they know how to accommodate a Priority Club member! Thank you very much Brian and the Holiday Inn Express you were an awesome help! NOT!!!

Room Tip: Don't try booking a room for more than five people at a time, they won't accept it! It's...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We booked a rewards night at this hotel last minute. The room was clean, but you could tell the carpets really need a good shampoo. Not like it was dirty or sticky, just needs a good deep clean. Bathroom was in good working order, towels were soft and clean. Soap products in room were good quality. Quiet rooms. Common areas were well light and clean. Parking was easy, and safe. Breakfast was awesome! The breakfast staff was very helpful and welcoming. Fresh pancakes! Really! They have this machine you enter the number of servings and soon after pancakes start sliding off the machine. Only suggestion is to get a better pancake batter (taste was a bit off). Variety was very good for a free breakfast. Will stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friendly staff, clean, quiet and a better breakfast than we expected. Would certainly stay here again as beds and pillows were quite comfy and the quiet rooms helped to have a successful night of sleeping after a long drive. Easy on/off and lots of of restaurants in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moline, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I gave this a 3/5 because it realy was clean and comfortable for the most part and the amenities were good so I cant really complain about my problems too much. I stayed here two nights while at a conference down the street at Carle hosiptal. The location was very convenient to the interstate and my conference was only minutes away but there were no close food choices. I asked the girl at the desk where I could get some dinner as I arrived late in the evening. She recommended I not go to the restaurant accross the street and only recommended I try the restaurant inside the Holiday Inn hotel next door. She didn't know of any others. The first night I looked in the paper and found some choices that looked close by. I ended up in the middle of U of I campus where parking and getting around was horrible. The second night took me on a half hour trek back and around town but ended up only couple exits away had I known to hop back on the interstate but I didn't bother asking her for directions or help again. I did find a boat load of about 15 restraunts though and a Target where I could pick up some things I forgot to bring along.
The room was clean and comfortable with a nice desk and couch but it was kind of noisey, especially the air conditioner unit that sounded like a plane taking off all night. The bed was saggy and horribly soft. I slept in short spurts and woke up numerous times and got up with a headache and terrible back ache both mornings. The bathroom was clean with tons of clean towels. The shower spray pressure was ok but the tub drained so slowly I was standing in ankle deep or higher the whole time I was in there. The am front desk girl apologized at check out and really did seem to care but I told her I couldn't really complain cuz the room was after all free since I used some of my rewards points and I am sure some people like soft beds.
On a happier note the breakfast was great and there was always fresh hot coffee available 24/7 that actually was quite good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

You can tell that Champaign/Urbana is a college area, why else would there be so many hotels? The Holiday Inn Express shares a portion of its parking lot with the Holiday Inn, and was clean, friendly, and a great experience. The only thing that was a bit of a hindrance was the internet kept dropping me while I was there. I am not sure if that was a hotel issue, or internet provider problem, but otherwise the breakfast was hot and check-in/check-out was great.

Recommended to anyone traveling through on business or pleasure.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#15 of 25 in Champaign
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Champaign

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Address: 1003 W Killarney St, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-1036
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana