I gave this a 3/5 because it realy was clean and comfortable for the most part and the amenities were good so I cant really complain about my problems too much. I stayed here two nights while at a conference down the street at Carle hosiptal. The location was very convenient to the interstate and my conference was only minutes away but there were no close food choices. I asked the girl at the desk where I could get some dinner as I arrived late in the evening. She recommended I not go to the restaurant accross the street and only recommended I try the restaurant inside the Holiday Inn hotel next door. She didn't know of any others. The first night I looked in the paper and found some choices that looked close by. I ended up in the middle of U of I campus where parking and getting around was horrible. The second night took me on a half hour trek back and around town but ended up only couple exits away had I known to hop back on the interstate but I didn't bother asking her for directions or help again. I did find a boat load of about 15 restraunts though and a Target where I could pick up some things I forgot to bring along.
The room was clean and comfortable with a nice desk and couch but it was kind of noisey, especially the air conditioner unit that sounded like a plane taking off all night. The bed was saggy and horribly soft. I slept in short spurts and woke up numerous times and got up with a headache and terrible back ache both mornings. The bathroom was clean with tons of clean towels. The shower spray pressure was ok but the tub drained so slowly I was standing in ankle deep or higher the whole time I was in there. The am front desk girl apologized at check out and really did seem to care but I told her I couldn't really complain cuz the room was after all free since I used some of my rewards points and I am sure some people like soft beds.
On a happier note the breakfast was great and there was always fresh hot coffee available 24/7 that actually was quite good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
- Holiday Inn Urbana
- Urbana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana