“Nice place to stay near college campus”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed August 20, 2012

You can tell that Champaign/Urbana is a college area, why else would there be so many hotels? The Holiday Inn Express shares a portion of its parking lot with the Holiday Inn, and was clean, friendly, and a great experience. The only thing that was a bit of a hindrance was the internet kept dropping me while I was there. I am not sure if that was a hotel issue, or internet provider problem, but otherwise the breakfast was hot and check-in/check-out was great.

Recommended to anyone traveling through on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I needed a room near the Carle Foundation Hospital while a family member had surgery. The Holiday Inn Express was perfect at less than five minutes from the hospital.

Locating the hotel was easy. It is conveniently near to the interstate, but sufficiently far to avoid traffic noise and congestion. The hotel is located near other hotels, but the parking and streets are organized so that each property is easily located. I found the grounds to be very clean and attractive.

There is a very modern and professional Harley-Davidson dealership roughly a half-block from the hotel. I was concerned when I arrived as there was a concert and street party beginning at the dealership. Despite being in a room nearer to the dealership, I only faintly heard the band when the air conditioning was off in my room; it was certainly not enough to disturb my sleep or television. Furthermore, when the air conditioning was on (which was most of the time as temperatures outside were well over 100) I heard no noise at all.

In addition to the quiet, I found my room to be very comfortable. Everything was clean and the furniture was well maintained. The work desk was of a different -- and larger -- design than I have found in other Holiday Inn Express properties. This was very handy and allowed me to spread out more. The bathroom was very clean and well appointed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I had to change my reservation once prior to arrival, and the staff were quick to answer the phone and change my arrangements.

I did not have the opportunity to eat breakfast at the hotel. My observations as I passed by the breakfast area each morning reflected a nice selection of foods and a large and attractive dining area.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel provided for all of my needs and made a difficult time much more tolerable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

We strayed here on a cross-country trip. W checked in late and left early, but had a decent stay. The room was clean and in good condition, the breakfast was standard fare (glad to have yogurt, would have liked to see more fruit).

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 22, 2012

No clean sheets!!! Seriously? I was not comfortable in sleeping in their room, so much that I placed a towel on the pillow ---yes. It just didn't feel good... Loud A/C.
Cheerful staff at the breakfast room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank troia
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area), responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear troia,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. it's nice to know that you find our breakfast staff cheerful. Please accept my apologies concerning the condition of the sheets and loud air conditioning unit. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Nevertheless, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Never had a bad experience at any HI Express. This was no exception. Nice and clean, Comfy bedding. Good service, Adequate workout facility (and nice and cool), but it would have been better if it had some weights or at least medicine balls. Breakfast was fine. Easy access. Not much around there for restaurants in walking range. Very well maintained given it was not a new property. I'd go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2012

After traveling for nearly 8 hours with my daughters, and LEAVING a neighboring hotel due to ANTS, I was relieved that this hotel had a room for us! The rooms are spacious, clean, and in my opinion a great deal, and the continental breakfast had many options for even the pickiest eaters! The pool was very clean and hot tub accommodating! We did stay here on our return of our out of town trip as well! The second shift desk clerk was exceptional!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This is a clean property and exactly what we have come to expect of a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
#3 of 25 in Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#14 of 25 in Champaign

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)

Address: 1003 W Killarney St, Urbana, Champaign-Urbana, IL 61801-1036
Location: United States > Illinois > Champaign-Urbana > Urbana
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Price Range: $120 - $198 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) 2.5*
Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
Holiday Inn Urbana
Urbana Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana