I needed a room near the Carle Foundation Hospital while a family member had surgery. The Holiday Inn Express was perfect at less than five minutes from the hospital.
Locating the hotel was easy. It is conveniently near to the interstate, but sufficiently far to avoid traffic noise and congestion. The hotel is located near other hotels, but the parking and streets are organized so that each property is easily located. I found the grounds to be very clean and attractive.
There is a very modern and professional Harley-Davidson dealership roughly a half-block from the hotel. I was concerned when I arrived as there was a concert and street party beginning at the dealership. Despite being in a room nearer to the dealership, I only faintly heard the band when the air conditioning was off in my room; it was certainly not enough to disturb my sleep or television. Furthermore, when the air conditioning was on (which was most of the time as temperatures outside were well over 100) I heard no noise at all.
In addition to the quiet, I found my room to be very comfortable. Everything was clean and the furniture was well maintained. The work desk was of a different -- and larger -- design than I have found in other Holiday Inn Express properties. This was very handy and allowed me to spread out more. The bathroom was very clean and well appointed.
The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. I had to change my reservation once prior to arrival, and the staff were quick to answer the phone and change my arrangements.
I did not have the opportunity to eat breakfast at the hotel. My observations as I passed by the breakfast area each morning reflected a nice selection of foods and a large and attractive dining area.
Overall, I was very pleased with my stay. The hotel provided for all of my needs and made a difficult time much more tolerable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Champaign-Urbana, IL (U of I Area) home of the University of Illinois! We are pleased to offer free high-speed Internet access and are 100% non-smoking. While staying with us join us for our famous Express Start breakfast which includes hot items as well as the world s best tasting cinnamon rolls. Located by the university access corridor, Lincoln Avenue, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, the Spurlock Museum, Campbell Alumni Center, Mills Breast Cancer Institute, U of I Admissions and Records, Beckman Institute and Illini Union and Memorial Stadium - home of Fighting Illini football and the University of Illinois Assembly Hall. Also near the Holiday Inn Express in Urbana are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign, the local Amtrak station, FlightStar and Frasca (C16) International Airports. Closest Airport: U of I Willard Airport (CMI) Closest hospitals: Carle Foundation Hospital/Carle Clinic & Provena Covenant Medical Center We re here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Champaign/Urbana a success. We re the Holiday Inn Express! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Urbana-Champaign (u Of i Area)
- Holiday Inn Urbana
- Urbana Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U Of I Area) IL - Champaign-Urbana