“Will never return”

Add it.
Miko Restaurant
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Horribly disappointed. I made reservations for 7 for the teppanyaki or whatever. Walked in at 7:03, they told us we'd have to wait. I asked how long, and she said that a table was just finishing up cooking. I looked at her with an "are you serious" look on my face. Ok so that table would still have to eat, maybe eat dessert, sit around for a bit, THEN pay! After talking in Japanese or something to the owner, they brought us to a table and stuffed us in the corner. The table was already full of people who were halfway done with their meal (soup and salad and the chef was on the way out). My boyfriend and I looked at each other and walked out. What is the point of a reservation if #1 we'd have to wait or #2 they seat us at a crowded table that's already halfway done with their meal? Terrible. Will NEVER return, will NEVER recommend, and will discourage others from going. Thanks Miko's!

1  Thank 22123z

Reviewed February 15, 2009

Went expecting a nice Valentine’s Day Tepenyaki experience but ended up being thoroughly disappointed. We called ahead for reservations and upon arriving learned that our reservations had been lost. OK, this can happen, and the member of the wait staff who greeted us (don’t know where the host or hostess was) promised to get us seated as soon as the next table came available. During the 40 minute wait, we noticed at least 8 other people who also had reservations that were lost from the list! We quickly got the feeling that reservations were promised with no reasonable expectation of filling them!
We were seated 10 to a grill which was cozy. No real problem here because getting to know your table mates is usually part of the experience. Things did not get better however, and a series of miscues pursued. It took so long to cook the veggies, fried rice and meat that grill was allowed to char up twice having to be cleaned during the food preparation. The fried rice and veggies were not allowed to cook long enough and were served luke warm. Then to top it off, the cooking of the meat was delayed so long that the rice and vegetables, that had been served earlier, were ice cold. Oh, I forgot, the salad finally showed up about the same time as the meat.
Our check arrived with errors on it and while waiting for a corrected one, the already cleaned grill was left on allowing it to smoke which irritated our eyes so much that we had to get up and wait for our bill elsewhere.
Too much chaos. We’ll never return.

1  Thank RNrunner
Reviewed August 23, 2008

I am from Cali and here in IL for school. So far this place is the best in jap/asian cuisine I have tasted... and being from So Cal that's saying a lot. The price is a bit more, but you get what you pay for. I love the sushi, it's alway so fresh, love the hwe dub bap, my fave there. The owner knows me by now (I'm there like every week!) and she knows just what I want whenever I go...that kinda service goes a long way. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is yearning for some good sushi!

1  Thank kklucas
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 16, 2008

the food is good, but way too overpriced.. especially for dinner.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Lunch buffet is still very good although dinner menu is overpriced.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook