“Great value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Urbana Champaign

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Knights Inn Urbana Champaign
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
London, UK
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel for an incredibly low price and when I booked it I was worried it would be awful but in fact it turned out to be great value for money.

Our room was very clean with 2 large Queen beds with incredibly comfortable matresses and a good amount of bedding/pillows! Bathroom was clean and we had some freebie toiltries in the sink area.

Room could've done with a fridge and a safe but for cold drinks/snacks vending machines were available and a 24 hour store is 5mins walk away (a nearby garage!). A safe was available at the reception however we left pods etc in our room and they were fine.

We didn't partake of their continential style breakfast of cereal and coffee as the diner nearby was very cheap and served good (hefty!) portions of homecooked food.

The manager of the hotel was a bit of a character, as were some of the staff but they were helpful providing more towels etc when asked.

The air conditioning in the room worked perfectly till the last night when it went a bit wonky and worked when it wanted to. The light fittings were a bit tempremental too but there were no real problems there. The phone in our room didn't dial out for some reason but reception called us cabs etc with no problem.

This probably isn't the place for a romantic honeymoon or weekend away but for our circumstances it was perfect and great value for money. I've stayed in some hotels in Europe with a lot less going for them for 3x the nightly rate!

• Liked — Incredibly cheap and comfortable - great value for money
  • Disliked — No fridge in my room!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rockford, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2006

There were many problems with this motel. The hallway and our room had a foul smell which was only partially alleviated by turning on the fan full-blast. We couldn't get an outside line on our telephone. We called the front desk twice and they promised to fix it. The third time, they said the phone system must be screwed up because none of the other guests appeared to be on the phone either. We asked if we could make a local call from their desk phone to call the hospital where a family member was, and they told them it was against their policy. When we went to get soft drinks, one machine wouldn't take the money, and the second spit out an expired diet coke and a regular coke from the diet coke slot. I have liked Super 8 motels in other locations, but this place was a loser.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank sometimetraveler
Myrtle Point, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2006

This is a newer motel that is listed in the Super 8 directory as one of the "Pride of Super 8." We were impressed with the cleanliness of the surroundings and more than adequate parking for our vehicle and enclosed trailer we were towing. However, upon check-in we found it strange that the lady receptionist made us initial on the registration card that check-out was at 11 am. Our otherwise great stay was marred by a phone call before 11 am from the same lady who checked us in. She asked us whether we were staying another night. My husband and I were in the process of moving our belongings to the trailer. There was a thunderstorm at the time so the process was going a bit slow for their comfort. We were upset when this man who appeared to be some kind of supervisor,came out of our room when we still had some of our belongings inside. There was still a "Do not disturb" sign on the door and we had not even checked out yet. We were at the front desk to check out at 11:03am. I guess that was too late for them. The receptionist gave me my receipt and I noticed that my triprewards number was not inputed when I gave this same lady my number during check-in. She promised she would get a manager to do it but I do not know if it was done. I will not stay in this motel again. They kicked us out, do not respect a guests' privacy. Seems to me that they do not care for repeat business.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank prettycat1
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2006

This is the second time I have stayed at the Urbana Super 8. It is very clean. The pool is small, but good for the kids to play in. Pool table next to the pool also provides some entertainment. It would be nice if they had coffee pots in the room. The continental breakfast is okay - just donuts, apples & bananas, coffee and juice. No milk or cereal. But I wasn't staying there for the breakfast! It is easy to get to and within 10 minutes from major restruants and shopping, 15 minutes from the University of Illinois. The front desk was a little confused over my room rate and I had to provide my internet confirmation to prove the rate I was quoted, but all in all a nice clean hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006
1 Thank mamaj3
McHenry, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2005

The manager at the Urbana Super 8 was rude, unprofessional and extremely unhospitable. From my initial contact for reservations, through our entire stay he was rude. He entered my adult daughters room without knocking, using his pass key, just to make sure she understood she had to check out by 11:00am. It was unnecessary first of all (she understood check out rules) and extremely unprofessional. When confronted about this incident he denied doing it and became verbally abusive.

During our stay we received a telephone call at 10:00pm that an immediate family member was in a serious car accident. We left immediately, leaving our belongings as well as the rest of our party of 14. Upon learning of this later that evening the manger accused us of being dishonest because we did not check out first. Since it was an emergency and there were 14 other people still there to pack up our stuff and check out for us we did not think it necessary.

While the motel rooms were clean the hospitality was non-existent. He acted as if he was doing us a favor by allowing us to stay in his motel. Trying to abtain additional towels was difficult. The pool did not appear to be well taken care of.

I would not recommend this motel unless you are just looking for a place to sleep for the night. Extended stays and large groups appear to be troublesome for the manager.

• Stayed May 2005
8 Thank robinw2258
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
Ramada Urbana/Champaign
#21 of 25 in Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
Red Roof Inn Champaign
#16 of 25 in Champaign

Been to Knights Inn Urbana Champaign? Share your experiences!