Knights Inn Urbana Champaign
$63
$92
$60
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was staying at Super 8 Urbana for one night for a conference I was leading a workshop in. I made my reservation online, but was not prompted for the discounted rate given to me by the conference holders. I called the Super 8 I was staying at, talked to the manager, and they were able to change my rate from the 90+ dollar night to the discounted 57.50 night stay. They told me to call their head customer service line to receive confirmation of the change in right. I called and they said it was changed. I asked for a confirmation email, but never received it.

The day of my check in, I am informed that my rate was not discounted. I asked to speak to the manager, but said he has no recollection of the discounted rate. I could not bring the discounted rate given to me at confirmation because I never received the email that they said they would send me. The staff was friendly enough about the accommodations, but I still did not received the discounted rate that was said to be confirmed for my reservation. I paid full price for the night. The communication of customer service was quite unsatisfactory.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 20, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I have recently started coming up to Urbana to see my girlfriend at school and I decided will try the super 8 for the weekend becaus it was about 30 bucks cheaper well it wasn't worth saving the money I went through three rooms in one night the first room at dirty bars of soap in the shower the second room had dirty towels that had black stuff all over them and the thir rooms the best my girlfirend was laying on the bed and I pulled up a chair that was next to the wall and I found behind the chair a plastic Walmart bag that seemed to just have trash in it so I was already heated so I looked in it not to find trash but drug equipment I went down to the front desk with it and told them I wants my money back they would only give me half back yet the lady was really nic about it there was some old creepy guy that was accessing us that the bag was are I would never ever reccomend staying there to anybody it was terrible

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Please don't stay at this hotel. So many issues, I don't know where to start. Hotel smells.. a very strong odor as soon as you walk in. Rooms are dingy looking. Towels and sheets were not clean. No iron was in the room, so I had to go get one from the front desk. It was also to dirty to use. Our toilet overflowed, called the front desk and Pops "the manager I guess" bought me a towel and a plunger to clean it myself. I refused! While returning the iron, a man whose room was directly across the hall was complaining about a dirty room and bugs. Other complaints I heard while there - dirty wet towel still in the shower from the last guest, horrible breakfast, another toilet overflow that the guest cleaned herself. Long story short, We were out looking for a new hotel room at 10 o clock at night. Also, getting a full refund was hard to do. Took me 3 visits to the hotel!

Room Tip: We stayed at the Ramada across the street
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We had a difficult time finding hotels on our trip that could accomodate our truckand 30' camper in their parking lots. We really didn't think about the empty parking lot until later that night....... Our room was clean, beds were comfortable; pool needed a good cleaning and was really warm I'm guessing due to the heat wave going on and the open door to the outside letting the heat in. Nighttime was another story....... Folks must have checked in late at night; what was a nice quiet night turned into a door slamming, loud voices in the hallway and a blasting television next to us all night long. At 2 am we almost packed our bags and made a run for the vehicle; but not knowing who was out in the hallway we stayed in our room until daylight. Breakfast was stale cereal, english muffins and bananas that should have been banana bread days before. Water was hot, bathroom was clean, but it was the first time staying at a motel that we didn't feel safe. Gentleman who checked out us out in the morning was VERY NICE.......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple