Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsopen hourshour poolthe general managerwould highly recommend this hotelhot tubwafflessitting areathe entire staffentire facilityfamily weddinghotel is cleanfront desk staffgas stationexcellent stayfitness roomhot itemseasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently brought a group of 28 people to this hotel on a tour I scheduled. Even though we arrived very late, the front desk had all of us checked-in in about 10 minutes, about twice as fast as any other hotel on the tour. I have to travel extensively for my job and truly appreciate when a hotel takes cleanliness seriously. I did not hear a single complaint from the group.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed in many different hotels in the Champaign / Urbana area and this is a very good choice. Please note - this is not walking distance to the University of Illinois. Probably a ten minute drive. Hotel is clean and well managed. Rooms are very comfortable. This is not the cheapest priced hotel but still a good value. The free breakfast is excellent with a ton of choices - from eggs, bagels, yogurt to waffels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
gmil366, General Manager at Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know about your recent stay. We appreciatte the high marks you gave our facility, staff and management as compare to other in the area. We never recommend anyone walk to the University as it is 5 blocks away but our Free Shuttle or short 1.2 mile drive makes for a very quick trip. We continue to take great pride in what everyone, including yourself, refers to as a "great breakfast". Thanks again and we'll see you next time!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros - Clean from lobby to the rooms and pool area. Breakfast was good, lots of variety and they kept it stocked, plus there was plenty of time allowed. Excercise room and pool area were both 24 hours - (adult swim for the late hours). Staff while we were there were friendly and went out of their way for us several times. We didn't notice any excess noise, but we also bring along a fan when we travel to block it out. Convenient location.
Cons- Didn't recognize my Gold status for Choice Privileges - I even had a 1,000 point bonus card ready to give. No thank you or goody bag as we've received from other Choice hotels. Room was SMALL for supposedly accommodating 5 adults - not sure where you'd put that extra bed - maybe wedged between the pull out and the door? That would be the only place to put it, and that would be a fire hazard. Pricey..too pricey for a college town. Be sure to your reservations frequently for a better price. Cleaning staff didn't change our sheets and we didn't have the card on the bed to not change, yet left towels up to be reused and they took those to wash.
I'd stay again, but will check out other hotels as well. Just didn't have that "wow" factor or anything "special"..you know, no warm cookies to remember, trinket gift in the room, or neat decorating, etc. BUT , clean hotel and felt safe being there, convenient location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for offering feedback regarding your recent stay. The staff & I value your praises, suggestions and opportunities for improvement. While we are very confident in the product and service we provide, we are not perfect. We value your constructive criticism most as it gives us an opportunity to improve and reach towards our goal of perfection. Thank you for praising our cleanliness, breakfast quality, 24 hr ammenities, friendly staff, quiet facility and convenient location!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Check in staff was confused with our reservation. Room nice but cleaning crew never got to us till2pm next day and no vacuming done. Relatively clean otherwise. Pool relatively clean. Very loud if your neighbors are yapping or have visitors,be prepared to know all about them. Had to turn up tv. Breakfast eggselent. Good variety.I'd guve it another shot.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

After this place, any other hotel will be lucky to get a 3 or a 4 rating... there is absolutely not one fault I could find anywhere. Check-in was friendly and fast. I found a personalize note, manager's business card and a sample of honey from a local farm on the room desk. The room was large and tastefully decorated, the bathroom water efficient in every way. All common areas were clean and spacious. The beds were made for comfort and hard to leave in the morning. Breakfast was a huge step above the everyday hotel freebee. I may go out of my way on my next trip just to stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear equally nice. If you qualify, get the AARP/senior or Military discount... the savings are substantial!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple