“Excellent Choice!”

Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This location was an excellent choice. At check in I was greated with a smile, checking in was a breeze. This location is right off of the interstate and has dinning options close by. They also offered free snacks in the evening which is something most hotels in this chain does not do.

The rooms are amazing! Very clean, decorated nicely and trendy. The bed was very comfortable as well.

No complaints at all. One minor fuse was the fact that my wake up call was not received so I was a little late leaving. I'm sure this was a technology glitch. I informed the guy before leaving just in case something was wrong with the system. He apologized several times and asked if I wanted anything from the little gift shop it the inconvenience. I told him that's not necessary and went on with my day.

I will return here when back in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Thats_My_Milk

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Urbana for a conference at the University of Illinois. I have to say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. For a hotel of its category, and price, I was expecting a so-so kind of experience. But this hotel offered what even some luxury hotels don't deliver well. The hotel is brand new, so everything is spotless. The suite is really of a good size and includes refrigerator, microwave and safe. The bed and bedding was really comfortable, with down covers and pillows. The room was quiet, so you could sleep peacefully. The hotel made tea, coffee and decaf coffee available all day as well as simple snacks (all for free) between 5 and 7 pm. The breakfast, which was included in the daily rate, was good, including real eggs and bacon (none of that powdered egg situation). The free shuttle from the airport worked fine. And most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. Oh, and the price makes it a real deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sofia286
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I really didn't expect much out of my last-minute reservation to Comfort Suites, but from the check-in desk to the pillows, I really loved it (DId I just say I *loved* it?).

It was really quite good! Cookie-cutter hotel, yes. But the things important to me (great, friendly service, great bed, quiet, and good location) were all met. I was able to make the AC really cold, like I like it (and so often can't), the blankets, bed, and pillows were so, so comfortable, and the service was friendly, warm, attentive, quick, efficient, and just fantastic.

I missed High Definitin (HD) TV, and that was probably the only real "ding" I can give them. That, and the fact that I was sleeping next to the "Electrical Room" which had a constant drone (but which likely actually helped me sleep!). Breakfast was fine--nothing special, and the gravy for the biscuits and gravy was a bit gluey--but it was all fine. Plentiful, quick, and fine.

It's no Five Star Hotel, but don't tell the people working there. They clearly are acting like it is, and that goes a long, long way.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the "Electrical Room" unless you like a nice drone while you sleep (I did).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joel W
gmil366, General Manager at Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We Love that you *Loved* our hotel! We take great pride in our new hotel and like you said, we strive to offer a Five Star facility.

We also completely agree that guests should be able to watch the same HD quality at our hotel as they get at home. We are currently in the process of converting to FULL HD in all of our rooms. We anticipate the conversion will be completed by Novemeber 2012. Again, thank you for your comments and praises.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is definitely one of the better hotels I have stayed in. Very easy to find right off of the interstate and in a good area. Everything was clean in the room and very spacious. The free breakfast was good and the little “store” next to the front desk was great, wish more hotels did something like this. Now for the one negative…When we checking in a guy was checking us in, not sure if he was new but it seemed like it. When he was checking us in the other lady behind the front desk was being rude to him. He asked her something about someone being on hold and she told him “not to worry about it get these guys checked in.” Sounds innocent enough but her tone of voice was horrible. The same lady was behind the front desk when we checked out. When checking out I handed her our keys, she made no eye contact and didn’t say anything. Just grabbed the keys out of my hand and went about her business. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbt226
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our niece and fiance were married on August 3, 2012 and Comfort Suites is where she had our entire family stay. We are from south Mississippi and the location was so very convenient..just right off the interstate.Everything about the hotel was great. The staff was so accommodating. Laura, the manager, made us feel so welcome and if we needed anything the staff was right there to provide. Rooms were very nice and spacious, beds comfortable, breakfast was great...I really can't say enough good things about Comfort Suites Champaign Urbana!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank IslandLife2880
Reviewed August 9, 2012

the hotel was very clean and the staff is very friendly when they say they offer a free shuttle they REALLY do! My Mom needed a ride back and forth to the hospital and they were there everyday when she needed them, they were always ready and more then willing to bring her. The breakfeast is wonderful and so is the pool area I personelly can't say enough GREAT things about this hotel and the friendly and very wonderful staff they have there. Thanks to Laura and Elaina for taking such great care of my mother when she needed a ride.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank liz f
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites for 2 nights while visiting the area for a conference. The staff was courteous, the beds were extremely comfortable, the atmosphere was nice, the rooms were clean, and there was a nice hot continental breakfast included the next morning. Next time we come down to the U of I area, I'll for sure be booking here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank curse10kaia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
0 mi away
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#5 of 25 in Champaign
Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
Hilton Garden Inn Champaign/ Urbana

Been to Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area? Share your experiences!