Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
$50
$58
$70
$63
All reviewsopen hourshour poolthe general managerwould highly recommend this hotelhot tubwafflessitting areathe entire staffentire facilityfamily weddinghotel is cleanfront desk staffgas stationexcellent stayfitness roomhot itemseasy access
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed with my daughter's dance team. Clean, nice and quiet - just what I expect from my favorite chain!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night while traveling in Illinois. This is a great hotel, immaculately clean. Since it's Comfort Suites, you can expect a high level of quality. The room was comfortable, wifi worked great, excellent breakfast with sausage links and fried potatoes the day I was there. The suite had a refrigerator and microwave.

Two nitpicks. First is that the shower water pressure was inadequate (a common theme of my reviews). The second is the location. There are not a lot of dining choices at this exit off I-74; you have to go two or three exits west to find restaurants of the sit-down (Ryan's was where I ate) or fast-food variety.

Would definitely consider staying here again if I'm ever back in the Champaign-Urbana area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 4 am after an unexpected family health problem brought me to town. I was a little shakey. I was greeted with such respect and care. I felt immediate relief. I was put in a 2 bed room. It was very clean and comfortable. I had no idea how long I would be staying but they assured me they had me covered until I wanted to leave. A bonus to this hotel was the evening snack. With all of my running around I had forgotten to eat. They had some munchies out that carried me until I got something sufficient. Nice. Throughout our 3 day stay I had the opportunity to work with at least 4 different counter personnel. Everyone was knowledgable, kind and friendly. In a phrase, last week was not my week. It was so nice to be in a safe, clean, and well-staffed hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
gmil366, General Manager at Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for complimenting our achievements in the 2 areas we strive for perfection the most; Cleanliness and Comfortability. These go hand in hand and are vital to our success. The hotel was planned very well, but thanks to our staff for ensuring we keep everything spotless, organized and comfortable. Thanks for recognizing this.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a top notch hotel! The location is great, just off the interstate. It is a newer hotel and it is very comfortable and roomy. The lobby is welcoming and set up for visiting. The breakfast area has more than five tables set up so there is room actually eat in the dining room! The guest rooms themselves are also quite large. We had a king suite that had a very comfortable bed and a large sitting area. The room also had a fridge and microwave. We had great luck with the free wifi as well. The other big plus, which in my mind cannot be underappreciated, is how clean this hotel is. From the lobby, to the hallways, to the breakfast area, to the pool, to the rooms....spotless. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Champaign Urbana area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nowah1965
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We often choose Comfort Suites in our travels. This location is the reason why. The hotel was exactly what we expect from Comfort Suites - comfortable, clean, good service and accommodating to our need to park a vehicle towing a boat.

The location of this hotel is also ideal for getting through Chicago as we travel north. It puts us into Chicago mid day, avoiding rush hour and increasing our chance of getting through to Wisconsin without major traffic issues.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family