“Great hotel, inconvenient location”

Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed here for one night while traveling in Illinois. This is a great hotel, immaculately clean. Since it's Comfort Suites, you can expect a high level of quality. The room was comfortable, wifi worked great, excellent breakfast with sausage links and fried potatoes the day I was there. The suite had a refrigerator and microwave.

Two nitpicks. First is that the shower water pressure was inadequate (a common theme of my reviews). The second is the location. There are not a lot of dining choices at this exit off I-74; you have to go two or three exits west to find restaurants of the sit-down (Ryan's was where I ate) or fast-food variety.

Would definitely consider staying here again if I'm ever back in the Champaign-Urbana area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I arrived at the hotel at 4 am after an unexpected family health problem brought me to town. I was a little shakey. I was greeted with such respect and care. I felt immediate relief. I was put in a 2 bed room. It was very clean and comfortable. I had no idea how long I would be staying but they assured me they had me covered until I wanted to leave. A bonus to this hotel was the evening snack. With all of my running around I had forgotten to eat. They had some munchies out that carried me until I got something sufficient. Nice. Throughout our 3 day stay I had the opportunity to work with at least 4 different counter personnel. Everyone was knowledgable, kind and friendly. In a phrase, last week was not my week. It was so nice to be in a safe, clean, and well-staffed hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
gmil366, General Manager at Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for complimenting our achievements in the 2 areas we strive for perfection the most; Cleanliness and Comfortability. These go hand in hand and are vital to our success. The hotel was planned very well, but thanks to our staff for ensuring we keep everything spotless, organized and comfortable. Thanks for recognizing this.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is a top notch hotel! The location is great, just off the interstate. It is a newer hotel and it is very comfortable and roomy. The lobby is welcoming and set up for visiting. The breakfast area has more than five tables set up so there is room actually eat in the dining room! The guest rooms themselves are also quite large. We had a king suite that had a very comfortable bed and a large sitting area. The room also had a fridge and microwave. We had great luck with the free wifi as well. The other big plus, which in my mind cannot be underappreciated, is how clean this hotel is. From the lobby, to the hallways, to the breakfast area, to the pool, to the rooms....spotless. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Champaign Urbana area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nowah1965
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We often choose Comfort Suites in our travels. This location is the reason why. The hotel was exactly what we expect from Comfort Suites - comfortable, clean, good service and accommodating to our need to park a vehicle towing a boat.

The location of this hotel is also ideal for getting through Chicago as we travel north. It puts us into Chicago mid day, avoiding rush hour and increasing our chance of getting through to Wisconsin without major traffic issues.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My 12, 14 and 17 yr old grandkids live in this area and I don't get to see them often. We decided to stay at The Comfort Suites for some Quality Time. We got just that. The room was great as was the TV channel options. We enjoyed the pool and spa each day. The Hot Breakfast was a real treat for my pocketbook. It gave great selections for my very picky grandson.

Location is near the mall and we were able to go over their to catch a movie.

Everyone of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful! You can bet we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol M

Thank you for the opportunity to build a lasting friendship, we'll see you next time!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

The Comfort Suites in Urbana, Illinois is an excellent place to stay. Our family rented one suite for three weeks and two other suites for shorter periods. Our rooms were quiet and clean, and well-equipped with refrigerator, microwave, sofa, and free Internet. Breakfasts were very good also. Every employee from the general manager to the kitchen and housekeeping staff is genuinely friendly, competent, and helpful. These include Adam, the general manager and his desk assistants, Audra B., Audra P., Alana, and Tiffany. We highly recommend the Comfort Suites, right off of I-74 at the Lincoln Avenue exit in Urbana. It is convenient to the hospitals Carle and Provena, as well as the University of Illinois. You will enjoy your stay at Comfort Suites!

Mr. B., Chicago, IL.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mr B
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is the nicest Comfort Inn we've ever visited. Very clean, really comfortable beds, nice amenities. Thanks fo Brett for his exceptional service from reservations through checkout.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
0 mi away
La Quinta Inn Champaign
La Quinta Inn Champaign
#5 of 25 in Champaign
I Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area? Share your experiences!