“Older but clean & very comfortable”

Americas Best Value/Cheekwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ullin
San Diego, California
“Older but clean & very comfortable”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for four nights doing Genealogy in the area. While a bit older we had all the amenities including comfortable beds, nice TV, good speed Wi-Fi, mini-fridge & microwave in the room. Management was helpful & responsive. Continental breakfast included juice, milk, toast, instant oatmeal in a clean & bright breakfast area. Yoghurt would have been nice.
We will stay again if in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A great place to stay at if one is travelling/staying in the area. The building may be a little old but is kept up very well. Allen does a great job keeping the establishment up to date and clean. I was travelling to the area for business and decided to stay there for the course of a few nights. I was pleased with services from the breakfast in the morning to the free wifi (which helped get some of my business done in the evenings). Allen is also very knowledgeable about the area and is more then happy to help you find something to do or a place to eat or place to buy groceries. I will definitely be staying here again...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Jason G
LIttle
Reviewed August 29, 2013

It's an older building but kept very clean.
Breakfast was great with a good combination of fruit, juice, milk, and normal breakfast carbs.
Mini refrigerators were a very nice addition to the rooms.
Good beds!
Only downer is that the temperature was kept warmer than my comfort level (I was also pregnant though). Each room has it's own AC unit.

I've grown up coming to this place because my grandparents use to own it. This trip was to celebrate their life as they passed and the new owner was more than accommodating for us! This was probably the first time I've actually stayed here as a guest.

Besides the great service the main thing that struck me was the honor with which the new owners showed us and even the heritage of the place by keeping the original name that my grandparents gave the motel.

An overall very pleasant stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sara R
Lebanon, Indiana, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family had a death, my aunt lived in indiana, however her funeral arrangements and burial was in Tamms, Illinois. Our family came in from Indiana, Ohio, Arizona, we stayed at this hotel, The manager Allen, blocked a set of rooms, since we were all from out of town, gave us a special deal. He closed the swimming area at 8:00 p.m. for our family to have a place to all be together after the wake. The generosity of this man was amazing, at a very trying time for our family given the unseen death was terrific, he made each and everyone of us feel very comfortable and welcome, with all of our family there were more than 40 people, the accommidations were above and beyond what you would expect. I would stay at this hotel again in a heart beat. The care and treatment we were given made our time of grief a little easier, we were able to all be together. The stay was every bit of a 5 star facility. Very clean, very friendly excellent continental breakfast. There are still some people in this world who actually care and put others needs above their own. Nothing but good review for this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Amanda J
Wedowee
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is not by no means a new hotel, however the people there are wonderful. My friend and I joked that some of the family to the people working there must have written some of the reviews. Now I know why, Allen treats everyone like family! Thanks for making my trip a memorable one. The rooms were clean even though old. And Allen will see to your every need, people like him makes life worth living. Yes, he made quit and impression on me, wish the world had more people like him. Hope to see you next year Allen!

Room Tip: If you go to Ullin Il. and need a place to stay for the night, Allen and Americas Best Value Inn is...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ricky M
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

On the last leg of our vacation we unfortunately found ourselves in the middle if no where, weary and tired. I read the reviews on this place and gave it a try. This place needs to be condemned! I wish I wouldn't have brought my suitcase inside, because now I have to wash everything in it and probably throw the suitcase out. The smell was overwhelming even though we were in a supposed non smoking room. I have nothing good to say about this hotel. And btw stay away from the disgusting restaurant in front of it!

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Alan turned a hard days night into an affirmative experience. Clean, comfortable and accommodating, with a healthy dose of good advice from Alan. If I ever have another tire blowout, hope it happens near Ullin :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Teresa D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ullin
Quality Inn Cairo Mounds
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,779 reviews
Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
Candlewood Suites Cape Girardeau
#7 of 10 in Cape Girardeau

Been to Americas Best Value/Cheekwood Inn? Share your experiences!