I took my team from my company i'm working for a time off and some relaxation and bonding to Magalawa Island last November. Magalawa is around 15-30 minutes from the town of Iba, Zambales. We took their 2K per person package which includes a big fan room which can fit 10-16 people and 4 sumptuous meals (lunch, dinner, breakfast and lunch). The Island is beautiful and so pristine. Starfishes can be seen in the clear water a few from the beach.
1. FOOD! Seafood galore! We were a group of 11 and majority were males. But each and every meal we cannot finish what were serve to us. Crabs, lobsters, Maya-maya, prawns, what can you ask for! For 2K per person, its definitely worth it!
2. The island is very peaceful and relaxing. Perfect for solo travelers, couples, friends and family.
3. Staff and owners are very courteous and accommodating. They will make sure that you are comfortable and adapt to your every needs. The owners, the Armada family, will definitely make sure that your stay will be unforgettable.
1. My only recommendation to improve the overall experience is the accommodation. The rooms needs to be renovated and beddings needs to be improved.
2. The small stretch of dirt road going to the fish dock needs improvement from the local government. This may become a problem to some travelers bringing their own cars and may dismay other tourists.
Overall, Magalawa is one of the hidden gem of Zambales. So if you are planning to visit this province, do try to visit this paradise and you will definitely not be disappointed!