“Overnight outlet mall shopping trip”

Holiday Inn Express Tuscola
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tuscola
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Friends and I took an overnight trip to Tuscola, IL for some outlet mall shopping. The motel was clean, and the desk staff were friendly and considerate. The breakfast buffet was excellent for a motel of that price range. I would recommend it for an overnight stay if traveling on I 57 .

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite of the interstate traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pat C
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

We enjoy hearing feed back from our guests about their stays. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your shopping trip! I really hope you will come back in the future and stay with us again!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

First time staying in Tuscola. We usually do not make it this far on our first day of driving. Chose this hotel by name only. I have never stayed in a HI/Express but friends have and recommend the brand. So we gave it a try. This facility appears to be fairly new. Staff was helpful. The rooms were nice. We had the King bed setup. The room was on the 'traffic' side but did not prove to be too much of a negative. You stay at a hotel for the bed not the food but admittedly I have to give the Breakfast a C+. Not bad but nothing outstanding either. The TV was a tad bit of a downer too. The reception I seemed to be getting was sketchy.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bob B
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Your sentiments about the breakfast have been felt by many travelers with the Holiday Inn Express Brand and at the end of April a new breakfast menu will be coming out with many more healthy options! So be sure and try us again next time you are in the area to give them a try!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Heading home got caught up in an ice storm - hotel close to the Interstate - check in was smooth - great help at the check in - room comfortable and clean - no window to open - however given the weather would not have probably done so - bed comfortable - linens good -- bathroom was good -- the shower pressure and spray very good -- Dennys very close to the hotel -

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while trying to escape this long winter we are having! We look forward to seeing you again on your stay with us!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We live nearby, but decided to stay overnight, so our kids would have a fun night of swimming and we could all relax a bit during this long winter. The rooms are nice, ours had a fridge and a microwave. The pool is great, it's nice and warm, probably the warmest pool we've been at in five+ years. That was a huge plus! The pool is also open until midnight, which is also a plus, so the kids could even swim late. The staff we saw were very nice and friendly. We will definitely come back when we need another night away and to wear our kids out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

After reading the other reviews recently from this hotel, I also wanted to add in my compliments to the staff of this hotel. We were on our way back from South Florida to Illinois and yes, we got stuck in the ice storm the night of Jan 5th around 4:30 pm. We had been stuck in traffic, at a standstill, for 11 hours. At 3:30 am, traffic opened up our hotel in Mattoon had given our room away. After calling around, we finally found availability at your hotel.

On arrival, the front desk clerk was very accommodating to us. I didn't catch her name, but I believe she was the night auditor. Breakfast was just beginning to be served, and she made sure we had plenty of food set out for us and the other guests. She was also very pleasant and as another review said, they could have gouged us for much more money, but didnt. The room was nice, spacious and clean. Beds were comfy as well.

As the town is not that big, there is an outlet mall right within walking distance from the hotel. There is a Denny's that we frequented a few times very close as well.

I would definitely recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a friendly staff, with rooms at a decent price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay with us during the storm! It's heartwarming to know that even in times of stress and disarray we can make people feel at home in our hotel. Next time you are in the area we would love to have you stay with us again! And this time maybe you can make a trip to the mall!

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

During the huge storm that came through we were forced to pull off the road. The front desk was helpful and friendly. I was apparent by the volumes of folks coming off the road later that night that she was going to have a busy night. We went to start the truck lager that night due to cold weather an she was still smiling! Rooms were clean and comfy. Full hotel but not noisy.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Unplanned stop for the night due to absolutely horrendous weather. Pulled off the exit, stopped to fuel up vehicle, called HIX reservations. They hooked me up with a room. Got there, many people trying to get rooms and most were denied due to being sold out. The weather was absolutely atrocious and everyone was looking for a place to stay. I started to get worried that I was going to be told that my reservation was no good and that I would be without a place to stay. Not the case, was taken care of by the lady working the front desk. Pretty sure she was the only employee working. She was absolutely slammed with people, phone calls and she got through it extremely well when I was standing there. Anyway, got checked in and to room. Room was super clean, got a great night sleep, got up, had a great breakfast and got back out on the road. The price was in the sweet spot for a price range as well. They could have taken advantage of the situation and jacked the rates way up due to the blizzard, but they took care of me and treated me right! If ever in the area and I need a place to crash for the night, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Tuscola! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the horrible weather we had that evening. It was a very busy evening with a lot going on and only myself to deal with it but we got through because of the patients of those on the phone and standing in line. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future although next time we hope it is a leisure trip instead of the horrible weather!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscola
Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in Arcola
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tuscola? Share your experiences!