“Nice property, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Tuscola
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tuscola
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Even though there was construction occurring during our visit, it did not negatively impact our visit. The staff were friendly and helpful. My family liked the pool. The shower was wonderful - good water pressure. The location is very helpful. I'm glad we stayed here. Wi-fi speed was also good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall, the hotel was clean and most of the staff was friendly. Why did I say management needs improvement? Although the staff was very friendly, not a day went by that that I didn't come across a housekeeper talking on there cell phones while in a guest room. While they were talking I noticed they weren't working but standing and talking loudly, sometimes in an angry tone. I noticed in my room that the hotel most likely had to raise the beds to meet standards by placing 2X4's under the bed frame which is just fine but they did not replace the bed skirts to hide the 2X4's. The main breakfast attendant was excellent, she greeted us every morning with a smile and asked if we needed anything. On her day off, the relief attendant could not be found for a long time. I finally had to go to the desk and ask if they could refill several items on the bar. Most Holiday Inn Express breakfast bars change their choice of meat each morning in a rotation, this one did not. This is a great location if you are coming to shop at the Tanger Mall. Overall, I liked this hotel. It could become a great hotel if management steps up.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We will be dealing with these issues immediately so other guests are not affected by them. While I try to know what my staff is doing at all times unfortunately I can not be everywhere at once so it is helpful when guests let me know what they are doing when I am not looking. I am glad however that you found the hotel to me clean and the staff to be friendly. Those are factors we strive to keep as high as possible! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to a memorial service in the Atlanta, GA area for a family member and stopped in Tuscola after a 7 hour drive from Des Moines, IA. I noted that I was an AARP member and the receptionist gave me that rate BUT when I also informed her that this was not a pleasure trip but a "bereavement" trip she reduced the rate even more! The room was small but clean and very adequate. I have to commend the receptionist's consideration in utilizing both the the senior rate as well as the bereavement discount when calculating the room rate. The only negative is that other than one, there ae no national restaurnt chains nearby.
Would I stay here again - ABSOLUTELY
AND
after our 7 hour drive we slept well until awakened by our wakeup call

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just spent a great time with my daughter shoping and sharing girl time at the Tuscola Outlet Mall and overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Hotel is clean and has a nice included breakfast to start your morning off on the right foot!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your girls weekend! Express Start breakfast really is a great way to start your day off right! We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is not a bad place to stay. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Not my favorite Holiday Inn in the chain but not the worst one. I would and will stay here again when visiting Tuscloa.
There really isn't anything else to compare to because they are the only place in town.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Not a great stay. Best thing abt it was the bed was clean and comfy. The cable tv choices were very good too. Problems. . .very worn, dated bath fixtures, coffee pot and alarm clock. Staff didn't seem to have it all together. Shower head. . .i'm trying to attach a photo.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

We appriciate your taking the time to review our property from your recent stay. I would like to apologize for any problems you have have encountered during your time at our property. The cleanliness of your showerhead has been addressed with our housekeeping staff to insure it doesn't occure again. We will also be work to better organize the check in process to ensure that it goes more smoothly. We hope you will give us another try in the future!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were taking a weeks trip...Wanted to visit Arthur Illinois and then over to Parke County, Indiana to see the Covered Bridges. This Motel is right on Highway 36 which will take you right there in a hour plus. I had reserved a King Room and requested SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for a Non/Smoking Room due to severe Asthma.... I also requested a upper floor & AAA Discount. The staff was very kind and accomodating for me. When arriving I did 'review' my special requests and they said YES indeed and if I wasn't happy to call and let them know. The room was very nice, clean and updated. The chair was so nice I wouldn't allow hubby to use the foot rest with his boots on... (keep it clean for the next person). TV channels were just fine and my Kindle Fire HD was up and running on WiFi. I had no problems. It's a bit of a drive to Arthur and Amish Country but I had no problems... just get off at the next exit Off the Interstate and make a big circle for the day. We called Pizza in but there was a Sandwich Shop next door and a Buffet in the Flea Market Building just across the way. There was a shopping center right there as well but I was there for a Visit to Arthur. I have No complaints and did not have any issues with my Severe Asthma. I'll try to load a few photos.. I would definately stay there again and I think you should do the same. BTW there is a Elevator. Sorry I did not test the morning breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We are so glad you took the time to review our property through Trip Advisor! We stive to do our best to accomidate all guests to meet their special requests and make sure their stay goes well! I'me very please to hear that your stay went so well while you were passing through the area and we look forward to the chance to serve you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscola
Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola
Hampton Inn Mattoon
Hampton Inn Mattoon
#1 of 9 in Mattoon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Super 8 Tuscola
Super 8 Tuscola
#1 of 4 in Tuscola

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tuscola? Share your experiences!