Tripadvisor

“Rude Owner”

Flesors Candy Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Tuscola
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Rude. I had lunch with a friend who was recognized by one of the sisters. The sister hugged my friend and told us to sit where we liked. (No hello to me). During lunch, the same sister stopped by and asked my friend how HER lunch was. I was still wasn't acknowledged. On our way out, my friend rec'd another hug and a 'thank you' for coming. Strike 3, she never looked at me or otherwise. My Reuban had purple cabbage, w/o warning, I ate it. My caramel sundae ice cream had chucks of ice in it. I guess it had been in the freezer a bit. Service was great!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (126)

Reviewed November 23, 2019

We stop here when going from Chicago to St. Louis and back. The food is homemade and delicious, from old standards like meatloaf to trendy tilapia. Staff are friendly and helpful, and, best of all, the homemade candies make super gifts or a treat for ourselves. We even have them sent to us in Chicago for special occasions. White chocolate almond clusters are the best we've ever had! And the soda fountain reminds us of our younger days! Restroom is clean and even offers free magazines to take home.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019

Excellent little family run restaurant, and candy shop. The owner is very sweet, first time we were there she welcomed us and took us on a tour of the entire place including the candy making area. Great food for breakfast and lunch, decent prices and large protions.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed October 9, 2019

I live in Tuscola and Flesors was revived from the dead over a decade ago by some of the children of the original owner. I am 70 and I grew up with the Candy Kitchen and to have it back to better than original is a plus for downtown Tuscola. The girls have done a great job of restoring everything, including the homemade candy. The meals are also very good. It is a must visit if in the Tuscola area.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Consistent quality, excellent wait staff and menu items reasonably priced. The hand made chocolates are as good as any you can fine.

Date of visit: September 2019