“bad smoke smell”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Tuscola
Delavan, Wisconsin
“bad smoke smell”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we arrived we entered our room and the room was not put together and got moved to the 2nd floor. Well the entire 2nd floor smelled like smoke. VERY disapponited since we asked for a nonsmoking room we complained and all the staff did for us was 20.00 off. My family will NEVER returned if we returned we will spend the extra money and stay at the holiday inn express. I think this hotel is in need of a deep cleaning and airing out plus in need of update of their rooms a bit!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your room stay at the Tuscola Baymont Inn & Suites. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously and appreciate it as a valuable teaching tool. I have shared your comments with our entire team and we have taken the measures necessary to ensure only the upstairs rooms that are designated as smoking rooms have smokers in them. I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything but pleasant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Baymont Inn in Tuscola features clean and compact rooms set in a convenient location.

Reaching the Inn is easy, as it’s located close to the Interstate 57 entrance and exit ramps. The building’s main entrance has a nice, wide driveway approach for cars. Part of the sidewalk near the entrance was taken up by packaged freight/construction materials, but it wasn’t really in anyone’s way. Parking was abundant on both the east and west sides of the building. Another nice feature I noticed during my night time arrival was lots of well-maintained exterior and interior lighting, so the Inn felt like a secure place too.

The hotel building is an average looking place, yet one thing I noticed right off the bat is how clean everything is; no trash at all on the parking lot, lobby is clean, and the hallways and stairwells were clean too. No surprise then that the cleanliness theme extended to our second floor room. I was most impressed with the bathroom. It was nearly spotless, the floor tile was in really great shape, and the sink and bathtub fixtures were all clean and in proper working order. I tried out the shower, and it worked just fine too.

The rooms are compact and a bit on the small side, hence the lower price compared to other hotel chains. The sink was actually part of the main room, set off in an alcove to the left just as you enter the room. I really, really didn’t like that aspect of the room, as it cut into the privacy between me and the family members I was traveling with. But, I understand that design choice allows the Inn to have more rooms per floor, and offer a lower price per night because of the space savings.

The selection of cable TV channels was good, as they definitely aren’t paring that down like some other hotels I’ve visited this year. In terms of other hotel features, I did not try the free breakfast or the pool, so I can’t speak to those. The pool at least looked nice though, as it’s located in a big sunroom-like space adjacent to the lobby. Walking through the lobby area, I did notice there is an Internet-connected desktop computer available for guests to use for free, which I thought was a nice touch.

The location of the Inn is pretty good, as it’s right off the highway, and there are even fast food restaurants next to the Inn. For those staying here because of the outlet mall, that’s just across the main road as well.

Overall, I had an OK experience, and if I stay in Tuscola again, I wouldn’t be opposed to spending another night or two at the Baymont Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Tuscola Baymont Inn & Suites. All our guest reviews are valuable to us and we use them often as a training tool.

We are pleased that your stay was a pleasent one and hope that you stay with us again when you are traveling our way.
Mission
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The room was very nice. We are staying at A abymont in Davenport Ia the 13th to the 15th of June. The cost there is $62 a night, that's why I lowered the value rating. We did not eat breakfast there because they did not have a very good selection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Tuscola Baymont Inn & Suites. I am pleased that your stay was a pleasant one. We have recently installed new Vanities, Mirrors and lighting to all our guest rooms. That, along with the new tile has really freshened up the hotel.

Thank you again and we hope you will stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscola
Holiday Inn Express Tuscola
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mattoon
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#2 of 25 in Champaign

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola? Share your experiences!