“Staying at the Baymont”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tuscola
A TripAdvisor Member
SPRINGFIELD
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay was very nice. The front desk manager gave me give me extra towles when I asked for them and he also knew what time the mall opened. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tuscola.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we are pleased that you injoyed your stay. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Everything was fine for the quietness and room appearance. The girl at front desk was rude. We received a phone call that the hoted had over-booked, so we needed to call to confirm we were coming. So my husband, and told the person we wouldn't be there till 8:30 or so because of a unexpected funeral we had that day. He also made sure we still had the king sized bed. We got there at 9:30 that night and we received 2 double beds. So we went from a King to 2 doubles,, why? What was the purpose of calling back to confirm? The girl at the desk didn't care, wasn't her job, she didn't do it. on the other hand my husband was upset.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

please accept my apology that your stay was not all that you expected, we have investigated the problem with the room type and have taken steps to make sure that this does not happen again

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Have stayed at hundreds of hotels over the last 30 years; this is in top 20%. Only real issue was someone was smoking inside entry stairwell several times that permeated and carried into hallways. Non smoking room was fine

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. we are pleased that you injoyed your stay. We look for to seeing you at your next visit

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the property in September. I should state that I, too, am an employee of Wyndham, though not this brand. The pool is now is working order and the room itself was fine, a perfectly standard King room. The breakfast was skimpy but there are several restaurants nearby. I had enough to feed my toddler, so we were content. The front desk service was pretty lousy which is what really brought down the trip for us. At check in, the clerk wasn't sure how to process my employee discount. Thankfully the owner happened to be standing there or I may have done it myself. He was great. Then the clerk made our keys wrong so I had to trek back to get them redone. The big kerfuffle was when my husband accidentally left my brand new swim suit behind. I called and spoke to an older man - possibly the same from check in - who didn't really know what I was asking. Did he have my suit? Could I pay for shipping to get it sent back to me? I told him I would call back. Few days later I tried to call and for two days, the phone registered as "We're sorry but the number you have reached is no longer in service." That was disconcerting. So I sent an email. As of this writing about 5-6 weeks later, I've never received a response, though they responded to the Medallia email. So, again, I wait a week or so and call back. I spoke to a very nice woman who assured me she would look and either call me or have someone else call. Guess what? No call. I asked the manager who emailed in response to my Medallia Customer Care email that she looked through the October items and couldn't find it if she could look through SEPTEMBER since that's when I stayed but hey, surprise. No response. So now I'm without my awesome brand new suit and no compensation or answers for crappy service.

So bottom line, if you are looking for an in and out place to stay, the place itself is not bad. Just go out for breakfast and make sure you don't need anything or leave something behind.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Jean M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have review our lost and found policy and even though we are not responsible for items left at the hotel, we will endevor to make sure better records are kept to track lost items.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Ashley S, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tuscola
Holiday Inn Express Tuscola
Best Western Plus Green Mill Village Hotel & Suites
Super 8 Tuscola
Super 8 Tuscola
#1 of 4 in Tuscola

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Tuscola? Share your experiences!