“Nice setting on river but food not exceptional...”
Review of Evandy's Boatel

Evandy's Boatel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

French onion soup very salty and gruyere cheese was barely warm. Crab cakes were "meh" with a little dab of some sauce that was not very tasty but on the plus side there were 2 sizeable cakes. Mac and cheese was quite generous in proportion also but lacking in any memorable taste. Overall, would not recommend... Would have preferred to go to market and cook at home.

1  Thank Kingsharkey

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here. I was visiting with friends from St Louis and Jacksonville. The setting is lovely and we were seated immediately ( we had reservations for 6.15pm).
Our drinks order was taken promptly and arrived quickly as did our appetizers which were good. However,1 hour and 30 mins later we were still waiting for our main course. Our waitress avoided looking in our direction whenever she passed the table. We decided that we were not going to wait any longer and asked for the bill. A manageress said she was sorry for the wait but all their food was freshly cooked ( well, I should hope so!) and also they had a large group in. Perhaps if the waitress had explained the situation we may accepted the delay. We paid for the drinks and appetizers and left extremely unhappy and hungry. The manageress said that she hoped we would return - I don't think so.
I visit the United States regularly and have always been impressed with the level of service I have received in all types of eating establishments. The Boatel has been the exception.

1  Thank itchyfeet4550
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've also had the "disappearing waitress" and "waiting forever" for the food experience here on Friday and Saturday nights and then cold food arrives. Tried it weekdays and all was well, both the food and service. The management seems to be indifferent to the weekend service situation, as this has gone on since their opening week, so I head up the river to The Appoach in Meredosia to actually get what I had hoped for at the Boatel. They've made a huge investment and have created a beautiful riverfront facility in Naples. The place has great potential. I wish them well, hope they improve, and will still be back from time to time to observe their progress, but by any reasonable standards, the weekend service scene and hurriedly prepared food is unacceptable.

1  Thank Geronimo48
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to this place on Saturday evening. talk about out in the sticks. only place to eat within 20 miles. but talk about ambiance. such a beautiful place. carved out in the country. I had the large cut of prime rib, supposed to be 16 ounces,more like 20. my wife had the fried chicken, it was great also. my prime rib was cooked to perfection. service was excellent, at least till we got done eating.. after we received our bill, our waitress never came back. besides that it was flawless. beautiful Illinois river and boats to watch, very nice

2  Thank meatman1947
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The new boatel is a great addition to the Illinois river. They have a large menu that is very well priced and offers something for just about everyone. Live music on Saturdays on the outdoor patio make it a great place for a night out. The service could use a little work but its still pretty new so they'll hopefully get the kinks worked out.