“Nice setting, but carefully choose when you go”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Evandy's Boatel

Evandy's Boatel
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Nice setting, but carefully choose when you go”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've also had the "disappearing waitress" and "waiting forever" for the food experience here on Friday and Saturday nights and then cold food arrives. Tried it weekdays and all was well, both the food and service. The management seems to be indifferent to the weekend service situation, as this has gone on since their opening week, so I head up the river to The Appoach in Meredosia to actually get what I had hoped for at the Boatel. They've made a huge investment and have created a beautiful riverfront facility in Naples. The place has great potential. I wish them well, hope they improve, and will still be back from time to time to observe their progress, but by any reasonable standards, the weekend service scene and hurriedly prepared food is unacceptable.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Geronimo48

Jerseyville, Illinois
“hard to beleive”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went to this place on Saturday evening. talk about out in the sticks. only place to eat within 20 miles. but talk about ambiance. such a beautiful place. carved out in the country. I had the large cut of prime rib, supposed to be 16 ounces,more like 20. my wife had the fried chicken, it was great also. my prime rib was cooked to perfection. service was excellent, at least till we got done eating.. after we received our bill, our waitress never came back. besides that it was flawless. beautiful Illinois river and boats to watch, very nice

2 Thank philipreese
Pittsfield, Illinois
“Good fish great view”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The new boatel is a great addition to the Illinois river. They have a large menu that is very well priced and offers something for just about everyone. Live music on Saturdays on the outdoor patio make it a great place for a night out. The service could use a little work but its still pretty new so they'll hopefully get the kinks worked out.

Visited July 2013
Jacksonville, Il
“Good place to go for a drink, but avoid the food!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Great Atmosphere! Down hill from there. Arrived with reservations abd were seated promtly. The beer was cold and the salads came soon thereafter. Then, the wait. Over 45 minutes after the salads and more than an houe after the order was placed. I ordered tge Buffalo Fritters, and what a mistake! Very little fish, too much breading and all heavily soaked with oil. I will not order food at this resturant again.

Aurora, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't be fooled”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I grew up in the area where this restaurant is located. After it was destroyed by fire a few years back a new owner rebuilt it bigger and better and it IS a beautiful place and different as it sits on the Illinois river. I took family there a couple months back as a great treat as I was in the area, having moved away 20+ years ago. They were packed and very busy. We had reservations and we seated promptly. We got waited on fairly quickly. We ordered sweet tea which was awful and were told it come from a "bag", so we went with water. The food was very subpar for what we expected. My daughters catfish fritters were rubbery and cold, my nieces crabcakes were cold and show no sign or taste of crab, my buffalo fish fritters were warm and greasy. Only my sister lucked out with her catfish (whole). We mentioned to the waitress but she said I'm sorry but we are just swamped!! which I could see, but REALLY!! such food and no apologies or offer to make it right?? We left unhappy and at the end the waitress offered to redo my daughters fish, but an hour had passed and we were out of there. SO.......this last weekend we decided to try again as we were on a road trip with someone who wanted to try it. Well after 1 hour and 30 min of waiting on 2 appetizers and an order of froglegs the waitress came and told us she "couldn't even give you an estimated time the order will be out" her exact words. She had filled our waters and offered us each a bread stick in that time but that was all. As we got up to leave, she offered to get the owner, when he finally showed at the table I was told that you always wait at least an hour and 30 min on Sat. night. It is odd that those around us came and went and didn't wait. Some lady jokingly offered to sell me her salad. The manager also said he serves 600 people on a Sat. and there is nothing else he can do. And he very obviously cared nothing!!. People around us took note and said how terrible we were treated. We were a completely different group than went the first time so there was no reason for any mistreatment based on a past visit. I was shocked and so mad I could hardly be civil til I got out the door. 2 tries is enough. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone based on food or service!!!!! REALLY don't recommend this place!!

1 Thank Rebecca542013

Been to Evandy's Boatel? Share your experiences!