“There's a reason it's ranked #1” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area

Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Slidell, Louisiana
“There's a reason it's ranked #1”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We just needed something close to St. Louis so we could see a few sights and then head out the next morning for another destination. With a Cubs/Cardinals game going on and it being a Saturday night, we ended up out in the suburbs. I noticed that this hotel was ranked #1 on TripAdvisor, so we figured we couldn't really go wrong.

The room was very clean, common areas tidy and clean, and grounds well maintained. Staff was helpful and friendly. Sure, some of the furnishings were a little dated, but that's not going to stop us from enjoying any of our stay.

While I don't have anything glowing to say, I also don't have anything disparaging either. This was a very pleasant hotel, well maintained and staffed with shiny happy people. This was a nice, safe place to stay at an affordable rate.

Room Tip: No room is bad, as the back of the hotel faces a farmer's field, front faces the rear of a bar/r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gordon G
NICK B, Manager at Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised to find this "budge" motel was very clean and nice. The location allowed you to walk to nearby restaurants and was just off the expressway so refueling was nearby as well. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was hot and cold and plentiful. The rooms were bright and clean. Even though it is an older property, it was well kept. I would recommend it for a night or two.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cindy M
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here last week because I was running a half marathon and was looking for a cheap room in a good location. I wasn't really concerned about how nice the rooms were because I wasn't going to spend a lot of time there. (I have since been informed that they will be remodeling/modernizing soon. What I found was that this motel has a pool, hot tub, free WiFi, and a great free breakfast (hard boiled eggs, cereal, waffles, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, juice, good coffee, etc.). These things add up to an excellent value. The beds were comfortable and the room had both a microwave and refrigerator. I could get past the dated TV because at least they had cable and a decent sized tube. The staff was awesome and agreed to give me a late checkout so I could shower after my race before I drove home.

In summary, I would recommend his hotel and plan to stay there again for my run next year.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Robaire25
Mineral Point, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Troy IL Super 8 served my needs perfectly. The property location worked very well for my needs on this business trip. My room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Easy to find, very convenient Super 8. Room was clean, adequately furnished. Breakfast was better than expected with truly fresh fruit, good yogurt and strong coffee. Restaurant/bar in adjoining parking lot happy to serve me and pooch late at night on outdoor patio.

Room Tip: Many travelers get up early to hit I-55. Most are noisy so ask for quiet room if you want to sleep...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bloomington, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in Troy for a shopping trip for my daughter's 16th birthday. The cost was much more reasonable than other St. Louis area hotels. Overall, this was a very nice hotel for the price - not fancy, but nice. It was very clean and quiet. The hotel is probably a half mile from I-55 with no highway noise, and our room looked out on a small field. The pool was small but clean. The breakfast was nice and included a Belgian waffle maker. It wasn't busy at all on the Sunday evening we stayed there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Lawton, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had to travel home for the homegoing of my grandmother. We traveled from OK to NY by car, just me and my 16 year old daughter. Since I was the only drive I had to stop each night and stayed at several motels/hotels both on the way to my family home and back to my home. Other than my stay at the Hilton in Riverhead NY this was the best place hands down, even among the other Super 8’s!!! I stayed at two other chains as well, a Red Roof Inn and a Budget Inn and they were everything you would expect of a motel, dingy, poorly light, uncomfortable beds, little to no amenities, just good enough to lay your head in between destinations. However, this location was more than I expected, it was a pleasant surprise to say the least. It had a wonderful breakfast buffet, an indoor pool and hot tub, luggage carts, and extremely friendly staff. The rooms were comfortable, came with both a microwave and a small refrigerator and everything was extremely clean and modern. Though it was not the cheapest place I stayed at, the price was comparable. As a matter of fact I paid the exact same price for two other locations that were nowhere near as nice! Kiddo's to this location!!! The only negative thing I could say, and it's no reflection on the facility, was the fact that the highway in which the location is at is under construction. From that viewpoint I really expected yet another typical motel but don't let it's location fool you... stay here if you are in the area!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lorraine T
We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Red Roof Inn Troy
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Edwardsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edwardsville

Been to Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area? Share your experiences!