“Great place to Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great place to Stay”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel at Troy, IL during the 07/2013 for 2 nights. It was really a pleasant stay at affordable cost. The ambience and staffs’ hospitality showed were excellent. The breakfast offered was too good in quality. This hotel is located next to the highway and more proximity to gas stations and restaurants. The indoor swimming pool, is awesome. I stayed with my family, cost is affordable. It was a fantastic stay with Redroof Inn, at Troy IL (just 30miles from the Gateway Arch of St Louis). Thanks Redroof Inn Management!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Muthu876
GMDanGross, Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Red Roof Inn St Louis/Troy Il. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team members. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Red Roof Inn - Troy, IL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Canton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed there two times before but after this third time I will no longer stay. No hot tub any longer they filled it in and put a picnic table over it. There ad online still has it listed at hotel. Also received comfirmation for a room with two queen size rooms. It had two full size beds. It was not a comfortable sleep, not only because of size but very hard. The ac was very loud and made it also hard to sleep. I don't know what happened to this hotel it sure wasn't the same as the two previous years.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynette B
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Lynette b,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Troy, IL Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues that you had during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. We are currently changing our old queen size mattresses to new queen size mattresses. Unfortunately due to new laws rules and regulations we had to remove the public hot tub. We due however have suites that have a hot tub in them if you would like to have one in the privacy of your own room next time your travel plans have you in the area.

Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was an excellent stay. Upon arrival we found that I had accidentally booked a smoking room; my husband has asthma so it is hard for him to be in that environment. The front desk staff, without question immediately, moved us to another room with the same accommodations even though it was obviously my fault. The hotel and our room were very clean and welcoming. The bed was great! Upon leaving, we accidentally left one of our totes which included my husband's Ipad for work. We did not discover it until an hour down the road. I called the hotel right away and the front desk staff already had it in their possession. We returned to pick it up and found it as it had been left. We were impressed and thankful for the efficiency and honesty of the entire staff. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we are in the area. We hope to find that this excellent service extends to all their facilities as we travel quite a bit and will look to stay with them in other locations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wildrose4rjrjg
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Burlington, Iowa
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Spent one night in this motel, not looking for anything fancy, just a comfortable place to sleep after moving son to the area. This place was very economical, quite clean and comfortable. Checkin was quick and uneventful, the room was quite spacious, air conditioning worked well, flat screen television with plenty of HD channels. Another traveling aquaintance who stayed in this hotel also, in a different room had an upgraded new pillowtop bed. That would have been my only complaint, would have been nice to have had the newer mattress in my room also. The room was well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank R B
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, June 17, 2013

Danville, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My previous review of this motel included several issues of concern. I am delighted to say that all have been addressed and my recent stay was much better. The water was nice and hot and the room was attended to daily. The only thing that has not been address is the descrepancy in the room charges. There is a $2 a night bed charge that is not reflected on the website reservation total. I knew this when making the reservation so it was not a surprise like the last stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are going to be quieter due to the interstate but from the odor the hallway s...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2013

On our way home we stopped the night here in Troy, Ill and got us a room. The front desk staff was speedy in getting our room. The room it self was very nice and quire roomy and clean. Would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Room 130 was right close to the back door, so no long haul for luggage.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Electraglide_rider
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear MELISSA FLAHERTY,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel is nice overall. It has a fitness room and pool. They serve breakfast and the rooms with a king bed have a microwave and fridge. The only complaints I would have is that one hallway on the first floor smells really bad of smoke and the cable service isn't that good. There are a few resturants within walking distance--Cracker Barrell, Taco Bell, Joe's Pizza, and a few others. They also accept pets.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank pamela m
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete our tripadvisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
Holiday Inn Express Troy
Best Western Troy Hotel
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
#1 of 11 in Collinsville

Been to Red Roof Inn Troy? Share your experiences!