“Nice hotel.”
Review of Red Roof Inn Troy

Red Roof Inn Troy
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hotel is nice overall. It has a fitness room and pool. They serve breakfast and the rooms with a king bed have a microwave and fridge. The only complaints I would have is that one hallway on the first floor smells really bad of smoke and the cable service isn't that good. There are a few resturants within walking distance--Cracker Barrell, Taco Bell, Joe's Pizza, and a few others. They also accept pets.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank pamela m
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our tripadvisor review. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Troy, IL Red Roof.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is an okay hotel. Was not happy to have just warm water on the first two nights, clerk was no help. Since the same thing happened when I stayed there during the summer I figure that they are trying to save money by turning down the water temp during the week. Also not happy about the "bed charge". When I commented on my experience on the survey all I got was a canned "sorry" email from the manager. No explanation about the bed charge. It certainly was not for clean sheets since they did not even bother to make the beds the three days we stayed. And it had nothing to do with new mattresses since they were very uncomfortable and seemed worn out.

Room Tip: Stay on a Saturday night if you want hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa L
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about the problem you had with our hotel during your stay. We take pride in our rooms and I see that we failed in the instance. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better service you again and your dogs when you are in town for future dog shows.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was a decent hotel. The check in staff was extremely helpful and kind. The room was acceptable, but the noise of the highway at night is absolutely horrible. The pool is small but adequate. It seems that they crammed all the guests in a not full hotel into the same wing, which I found rather odd.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My friends and I was looking for a cheap fast trip near St. Louis. This hotel was perfect considering it being so close to St. Louis price was great. The front desk staff was excellent! Very friendly. We needed some extra things in our room and they were fast to deliver these items. They were willing to do what they could to achieve that our stay was the best. New upgrading is going on with their rooms. (flat screens, painting, bedding) These additions are look very nice in the rooms. Wonderful improvement. They offer just the right size breakfast, exercise room and pool. Housekeeping was very pleasent and rooms were nicely clean. My girlfriends and I cannot wait to return and definitely refering to a friend!!!

Room Tip: Rooms to the west may be slightly more quiet due to interstate near east side. Not a big deal though...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing when our renovation is complete.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

read reviews on this place before my trip to area and reviews were good...mine will not be the staff was awesome but that was about it, the room had bad smell of mold and old cigarettes and the room was filthy...the shower had more dirt in the corners that the last 15 guests total and the rugs were unsafe to walk on without shoes...the t.v. needed to be mounted on wall cause it was lower than the bed...the bed was like sleeping on springs and the phone kept blinking message and there was none...and the windows are single pane glass and you feel like your on the freeway next to you and we had the furthest room...never again unless they pay me!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony S
GMDanGross, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay. Red Roof Inn prides itself on a well maintained hotel. We spend a great deal of time ensuring that our rooms are clean and odor free. Red Roof Inn Troy Il is currently undergoing renovation. We will be sure to pass your comments along to our project manager so he can ensure any items that may have caused your issues can be addressed. We appreciate your business and please try to visit us again after the renovation is complete.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The staff at this hotel was great. The 2 rooms we have where spotless. The hotel was priced accordingly to the area and was one of the cheaper in the area. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn next door several times but now have a new place to stay for almost half the price. The pool area is much nicer at the Red Roof. The breakfast is better at Holiday Inn but for $50 more a night its better to go out for breakfast. Houskeeping did a great job in our rooms each of our 5 nights. We noticed during our say that the hotel has started doing some major updates to the rooms as well as the lobby. The staff told us they should be done in a few. months. This will make our choose of hotel even easier. We look forward to going back and seeing the changes.

Room Tip: close to St Louis
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
GMDanGross, Manager at Red Roof Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip when renovations will be complete.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

High priced for less than adequate accomodations. Most of the hotel smells like smoke covered with febreeze and mold. Breakfast consisted of old cereal, hard bagels and strange smelling milk. Room relatively clean with odd smell and I guess hot water and water pressure were an upcharge because I didn't get either of these. Also my room was roasting hot with the themostate at 60.The second night I opened the window to help with the heat. Room was also really loud (I was near the elevator). Employees were not really friendly and helpful. Also as another reviewer mentioned, people were smoking near entrance which you had to walk thru to get to lobby-ughh!! This hotel was over $90.00 a night for a really lousy experience.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators or stairs preferably as far from smoking rooms as possible.
2  Thank JN271
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
#1 of 11 in Collinsville
Motel 6 Troy
Motel 6 Troy
#5 of 5 in Troy

Been to Red Roof Inn Troy? Share your experiences!