“OK, but not great”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Streamwood, Illinois
“OK, but not great”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just stayed here October, 2012. Reception area smelled of cigarette smoke, which I believe came from the workers as they would smoke outside the entrance. My room was very close to the reception and across from the vending machines. The sound of ice and use of vending machines was very disturbing while trying to sleep. Member of staff was using the vacuum at 10:45pm which I asked her to stop as I was trying to sleep. Breakfast was very, very basic, a few slices of bread, bagel, cereals. Boiled eggs were placed in the reception area - very strange!
Swimming pool was too cold to swim in. The hotel is OK to stay at but I have stayed at a lot better for the same price. Would I stay here again? No.

Room Tip: Do not have a room close to reception or by vending machines.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I were celebrating our 57th wedding anniversary, and just wanted somewhere to get away. This hotel was top notch, and best believe I will be coming here for all my trips to the St. Louis area.

Also, the maid...Christina I think her name was was so friendly and nice. She even helped my wife down to the lobby with our things while I wrangled our pets.

Wonderful establishment. This hotel is great. Will be back.

Room Tip: Room 320 was the room that we chose, and it was excellent. Ask for this one!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

This property is located very close to the Cardinal Glennon Medical complex that we were visiting. The desk staff was accommodating and the room was quite nice. The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and well-maintained. The wi-fi worked nicely, and there was a good selection of tv stations to watch. The only area for improvement would be to have a little more selection for the continental breakfast. If you don't mind going someplace else for breakfast, I would recommend that you try this place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathy B
Missouri City, Missouri
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Good location. Lots of eating choices in the area. Will do for a night on a tight budget. Hotel in need of remodeling. Carpet on last leg,beds old. Worst part is smoke smell in halls.Can smell smoke in room a little but not near as bad as hallway thank goodness. Pool is very small and I have to question the cleanliness of the pool and hot tub. Business center computer is slow and needs new mouse. Check in lady never smiled and a little unwelcoming. Pool towels ran out and she could careless. Housekeeping folding towels in hallway by elevator. We wont be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Owasso, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Clean room, efficent front desk help, Quite. Walking distance to set down food.

Room Tip: King bed on ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Our trip from Michigan to Florida we stopped at the Red Roof Inn. We seen it right off the highway and needed to stop for the night. It's a newer Red Roof not the old 70's style it has the indoor corridoors three floors with an elevator. One thing that caught my eye in the lobby is the floor it's a very nice tile floor that shines. The lobby also had plaques from corp. of their achievements hanging up by the check in counter (nice touch). They have a small simple breakfast cereal, bagels, toast, hard boiled eggs, coffee, apples, organges, and juice. Also included in the frills of the hotel are free wi-fi, indoor pool and hot tub, exercise room, and a coputer room where I was able to print out some of my work. My husband and I stayed in a king room I believe the room type was a superior king. In the room it had a spacious desk for my laptop and papers to be sprawled out on. I'm not very organized with my paper work and it had enough room :) . Also had a microwave and fridge in it for my meds and snacks. The TV was a new flat screen HD TV that had an extensive cable package I believe over 200 channels I had to turn the TV off on my husband to make him go to bed like a kid :). The staff members at this location are very nice and have the will do attitude. The night guy is certainly one of a kind funny and very knowledgeable. There are a few resturants in the area in walking distance there is good ol' Cracker Barrel, Taco Bell, and a Mexican place. I would say this Red Roof is one of the nicer ones.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank randy f
Southern Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We were processed in and out quite well. There has been road construction in the area for a long time but it is not that hard to get to the location. We eat at the fast food places in the area some and use this location as a starting point for various activities and other restaurants.

Room Tip: There is a computer near the pool. Breakfast has the usual cereal, juice, coffee, tea, bagels, toast...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
Holiday Inn Express Troy
Best Western Troy Hotel
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
#2 of 11 in Collinsville
Americas Best Value Inn - Collinsville / St. Louis

Been to Red Roof Inn Troy? Share your experiences!