“Near disaster”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Boulder, Colorado
“Near disaster”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We asked for the "nicest room in the hotel"....and were given a king suite. We were getting married in Troy the next afternoon and wanted plenty of room for getting ready. In the middle of the night, my fiancé was awakened by the sound of water dripping....onto our clothes and suitcases. Water was coming in from the floor above. So, the night before our wedding, at 2am, we had to move to another room. Not exactly a restful night before our important day. Fortunately for us, our wedding clothes were protected by garment bags. The hotel did clean some of my clothes that were soaked, but we weren't given any special consideration or adjustment for moving into a smaller room or the inconvenience and stress over it. Although "accidents do happen", I have to wonder if this wasn't a problem already well known to management, given the water stains on the ceiling. I shudder to think what our experience would have been in a room that wasn't the "nicest."

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Cindy B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the issues with the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here for four nights. The room (Single King) was comfortable and clean and well serviced. One or two other reviewers had said their rooms smelled bad, I was concerned about that going in, but the room I had was just fine. The only negative for me was that the window unit airconditioner was a bit loud.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shaun V
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Absolutely disgusting! As soon as you walk into the hotel you have this smell that's gross, even the rooms have the same smell. It’s a very musty and moldy smell. It seems like the walls might be moldy and they are trying to cover it up. I had to buy an air freshener for our stay, which didn’t help at all. The orange juice machine has mold in it! Yuck! The carpet is old and it looks like the original when they first opened. My child got an infection from bathing in the rooms tub. I will be contacting the health department to inspect this place because it should be shut down! I've been in contact with corporate and the GM. I was promised a certain refund, but still haven't received it all. I have called corporate back to let them know about four times now. They claim they can't reach the GM and can't refund me anything in case he already has, so I can't get a double refund. I've asked for the executive office to call me, no go. They are avoiding me and not giving me what I was promised for the terrible experience and injury my child got on their property. I have ER records as proof. I have an email from Stephanie (executive office) stating my refund amount. I've emailed Didi Patel(GM) and he has ignored me. They should be offering me a full refund and a week's full stay to one of their hotels after I have had to take my child to the ER and deal with this shady company. Because they have not kept their promise, I have had to take this up with my credit card company.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear beachbum3015,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I would like to address this with you further but unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to our Guest Relations Department via email at IHGCare@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your experience.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Troy hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The staff was friendly and that's about it. The carpet appears to be original since the place was opened, it was so dirty looking. The whole place is in need of a serious overhaul, I stayed with a group of people who had various rooms on different floors. This place has a smell in the hallway and upon entering our room there an immediate stench as well, it smelled very musty and moldy, almost as though there was water damage somewhere in the walls. I went out and purchased air freshener in hopes of masking the smell with no luck. The stink was so strong that it could not be covered up. I was in rm.# 314 and the carpet was dirty, I could sense my allergies flaring up because of it. I do not believe that the restrooms were properly cleaned, as the cotton ball I threw in the tub was never removed by housekeeping. The towels or supplies were not restocked, and the only thing I think they did was dump the trash and pull the comforter up to appear as though the bed was made. On the second to last day the sliding door that enters into the lobby broke. This door was the outer door. There are two doors, one from the parking lot in to a foyer kind of thing and then a second one that opens up to the lobby. The outer parking lot door became stuck shut closed and I had to manually pry open the door to get in. As I came in an employee was walking over to the desk and I told him it wasn't working. He said he would fix it. I went up to my room, came down a few minutes later and he said it was working. I went out the first door and got to the broken one and guess what? It was still broken! I just looked at him like huh? He had to come finally see what the problem was at that point. There was another day where I was eating breakfast in the breakfast area and it was almost time to shut everything down, the employee pulled the overflow rack from the juice machine, which left the bottom portion of the machine exposed. There was a huge amount of black mold plaguing the machines insides. It was so disgusting, I refused to eat/drink from there for the rest of my stay. The pool is indoors here, which I can understand considering that it can rain during hot humid days. What I don't understand is why the windows don't open or there is no temperature control in the enclosed area for parents who have to supervise their children in the pool. It is like a sauna in there and very uncomfortable for people who are just supervising. After this experience I won't be returning to a Holiday Inn in the near future. I filed a complaint and am currently awaiting a response.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear rhi c,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Troy, IL. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The customer service was the worst I have ever received at a hotel. The staff were not courteous or helpful. Our room was old and dirty. The carpet looked 20 years old. I thought the kids were going to catch something swimming in the murky pool. Do not waste your money. I thought the beds were decent.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Ameliaw75,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are deeply sorry for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize our pool facility was less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

First off if you charge 119 a night make sure all your amenities are functionable.The the air conditioner was very poor.I can't stand paying all this money and being uncomfortable.Hotels in general are getting worse by the day.Dirty,nasty places over charging because of the name on the hotelRugs are rotting my rug in room 126 has big waves in it.This place is sold out today so I'm stuck in this sauna of a room because the proprietor is to cheap to update his air conditioner.I am a truck driver I spend a lot of Money at these places maybe I should stop staying at these dives and save my money.Also I tend to stay away from super eight,days inn ,motel six,ect,ect,so I can avoid a crap hole like this with the owner last name being Patel.That is all god bless America

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear pkc214,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please allow us to apologize for the issues you had with your in-room Air-Conditioner and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on our way through the area. It was clean and well kept up. The staff was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. There is a Cracker Barrel across the street we walked to for dinner and that was nice so we didn't have to find a place. Would definitely go back

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
chris l, Director of Sales at Best Western Troy Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are glad to see we were your choice when you stopped in Troy, IL. We strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests and are happy to see that you loved your stay with us. Cracker Barrel being right across the street from us is a great option for all of our guests for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Hope to see you again the next time your traveling our way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Holiday Inn Express Troy
Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Country Hearth Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Edwardsville

Been to Best Western Troy Hotel? Share your experiences!