“Nice stop for weary travelers”

Best Western Troy Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Troy
Western Illinois
“Nice stop for weary travelers”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I made a last minute weekday trip toward the St. Louis area without reservations at any hotel - figuring we would drive until we got tired and then stop for the night. We tried to stop in the Litchfield area, but hotels were full or only had smoking rooms so we decided to drive a bit further, which turned out to be lucky for us. We arrived at the hotel around midnight. Not only could they accommodate our request for a king non-smoking room, they had a suite. The kind gentleman at the front desk remarked that since we had arrived so late he would give it to us at the same rate as a regular room - a savings of about $35! It was still more than we had planned to spend, but figured the breakfast probably made up for most of the difference. The room was exceptionally clean, the bathroom spacious & spotless. I felt bad the microwave & fridge went unused since we were only passing through, but would be nice for a family with more time. The bathroom had an extra large jetted tub & showering made me feel like I was in walk-in closet. Plenty of clean towels & toiletries and hot water. I do hate that hotels always seem to have the hardest water - soap & shampoo barely lather.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Cheese omelets, biscuits & gravy (with sausage in it!) bacon, juices, bagels, muffins, toast, fresh pancakes, fresh cinnamon rolls, cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, milk - there was something for everyone & we enjoyed it.

Surprised to see a pool since I thought HI Express didn't have them. The hot tub was undergoing major reconstruction. Staff was very friendly & helpful.

Would stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I stayed one night in mid-April 2011. When I arrived around 10pm, the check-in only took a couple of minutes (I had a reservation). I wasn't familiar with the area, and it was pouring rain, so finding something non fast-food to eat was difficult. In the end I went with the Jack in the Box right across the street.

ROOM:

I had a standard room with a king bed. It was on the second floor right next to the elevator, but noise wasn't a problem. As far as views - there weren't any. The hotel stands right in front of another, a Red Roof Inn. If you get a room on the other side, you will be looking at the parking side and/or the interstate.

Overall, the cleanliness was above average, and the bed was clean and comfortable. The newer TV was a plus as well. If you are a light sleeper, beware the air conditioning/heater unit. It ran way too loud for my liking, but turning it off made the room too stuffy. The windows don't open, so I had to leave it on.

The bathroom was also fairy clean, with plenty of towels and toiletries. The water pressure in the shower, however, was disappointing. In addition, my shower made an extremely annoying squeal whenever the water was running.

Overall my stay was satisfactory, although I will probably check out other places next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is a standard Holiday Inn Express. It is close to the interstate which is convenient. They also had a night light in their bathroom which every hotel should have. Free parking, free breakfast, & reasonable rates. Not much to do in the area but good if you're traveling to St. Louis.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Rochelle,IL
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We came down to visit our daughter at SIUE with our two teenage sons. This room was perfect for us with the Kids Suite. The younger boys took over the kids suite and had their own tv for video games and our college student was happy to have a full size bed to herself after being in a dorm room for 2 months. The hotel is clean and the clerks are friendly and helpful. When we asked for a place to go to get a good steak, they sent us in the right direction. Continental breakfast was hot and had many choices. We will be back. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Monrovia, CA
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Running across America for The Way to Happiness Foundation for Youth programs requires a restful place to stay.The Troy, IL Holiday Inn Express& Suites was the perfect place to stay and relax my tired legs and body. My hotel was very comfortable, roomy, clean and quite. Could not of asked for a better room! Mr Didi Patel the General Manager takes pride and care seeing you are comfortable along with his professional and friendly staff. Reggie the front desk manager was very helpful and friendly to me and guests checking in. The breakfast buffet is delicious and great warm cinnamon buns to enjoy! Should you be Traveling through Troy, Il, The Holiday Inn and Express& Suites are the place to stay!
Striding on across America,
JR
Monrovia, CA

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tunica, Mississippi
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Just got in from a trip to Illinois and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Troy and found it to be clean, comfortable and friendly. The staff could not have been nicer, the room was clean and had everything I needed. Traveling alone and female, I felt safe and secure. Stayed two nights and wished I could have stayed longer. It was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The hotel is over priced for the lack of service they provide. We had a reservation for 2 nights and only stayed for 1. We had to check out the hotel was dirty. The indoor pool was ice cold. The hotel staff looked just as dirty as the hotel itself. We were pleasently surprised when we went to the hotel next door (Red Roof Inn) There staff was pleasent and friendly. We looked at a room first and found it to be spotless. We are glade we switched hotels especially at $20 a night cheaper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank businestravels

Travelers are raving about these Troy hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
#1 of 7 in Pontoon Beach
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
#2 of 11 in Collinsville

Been to Best Western Troy Hotel? Share your experiences!